Answered

Manager approval - holiday request set up

• 27 April 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +1
  • Explorer
  • 10 replies

Hi,

I need to advise a manager on how to set up his team’s holiday in Personio as well as how requests/approvals work. Can you advise on what I should instruct him?

Thanks, 

icon

Best answer by International Support Team 28 April 2023, 17:07

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5

Hi @LKA,

I’m happy to take this one! 😀

Assuming you already have all the absence types setup in your Personio account, for the employees to be able to request the absences, they need the necessary access rights. For each absence type the employees need to request or approve, they should have View and Propose rights. For that, you have to navigate to Settings > People > Employee Roles and choose the employee role you need to grant access for the types of absences. For more information about this topic, you can visit our Helpcenter article: Access rights

Now it is the time to set an approval. For that, you have to go to Settings > Workflows > Approvals and choose an absence type and see if you already have a default approval workflow setup or if you need to add an step where you can choose the Supervisor as the approver. I highly recommend you to read the following Helpcenter article to make sure your setup is the right one for the supervisors to get the approval request from their reports: Set up approval workflows

Employees will be able to request the absence from their profile, under the Absence tab clicking on Request absence and a window will pop up. There, the employee has to select the absence they need to request, the date, add a comment if needed and click on Request.

Supervisors can process requests directly in the Tasks widget on their Dashboard or in the Inbox by clicking on the Task. Depending on the approver’s access rights, it is also possible to deal with an approval request directly in the requesting employee’s profile. For more information about this topic, you can visit our Helpcenter article: How Do Approval Workflows Work?

You might require help with your specific account set up, an Account Owner can always reach out to our Support team via Find Answers.  My colleagues will be able to log in into your account and check the settings together with you.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Best,

Zulema

Your reply