Reminder for work permit - reminder disappears

• 14 August 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2
  • Busy Bee
  • 19 replies

Hi there, 

I tried to make a reminder for the end date of a work permit. I want to make sure that every individual employee receives a notification 4 weeks before the end date of their work permit. 

I have two questions: 

1. Does this look like the right set-up? Only the employee should receive this notification of his/her own expiring work permit. Not from everyone else’s. Since all employees have visibility access to only their own ‘work permit end date’ attribute, I figured this should work. 
  2. After setting the reminder, it disappeared a few days later. Can anyone help me out and tell me what I am doing wrong?

I set is as follows: 

Thanks!

Cheers,

Tim

icon

Best answer by International Support Team 15 August 2023, 11:49

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5

Hey @Tim 

Unfortunately personal reminders about an employee’s own work permit expiry, will not be possible unless multiple singular reminders are set up.

The reason being that in the image you provided above you will remind all employees about the work permit expiry of all employees. Therefore each employee will receive a reminder about every other employee whose work permit has expired. 

At the moment, there is unfortunately no option in the of to remind the employee of their own permit. The only way to do this would be to use the Special option but it would need to be done one by one for each employee as mentioned.

It may be a workaround to remind the Supervisor of any work permits that are due to expire, so that they can then contact their reports on this. This way you could choose to use the My direct reports or My reports option.Here is our guide on how to Create reminders.

I have found a similar idea within our Ideation Area from another user, so I would kindly ask that you upvote and comment on this, to give it more visibility to the Product Team. If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Best regards, 

Conor

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi there, 

Thanks for your answer. For people who are looking for an answer in the Community:

Our Customer Success Manager actually reached out to the Product Team. They said it was possible to set it up as described below. This unfortunately didn’t solve my issue of the reminder disappearing after setting it up. But that could be non-related. So I am actually curious to hear if the set-up below does work for other people. 

I spoke to our product team and they shared the following: 

If your customer would like for their own employees reminded about their own attribute then they need to set up the reminder as the following:
image.png

The important thing to consider is that the employees should have view right only for their own “work permit end date” attribute. In this way the reminder will only be triggered for the employee him/herself and not from all employees (because view right is missing). As of right now, your customer has it already set up like this in the role “all employees”.

image.png

Your customer needs to take care of filling the right dates into the work permit attributes. Because the reminder orientates on the date that is set up in the attribute in the employee profile.

Cheers, 

Tim

Your reply