Answered

Supervisor can't see their employees' requests

Badge +1

A supervisor can no longer see any requests from specifically 2 employees’ and I was hoping to understand why this is happening and what can be done to resolve this.

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by ConorCunningham 12 April 2023, 16:08

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hey @seaweedpeople 

I will be happy to help you on this, however I may need more information. Could I ask you to check:

• Settings > Approvals > Select the absence type and within here check if there are any rulesets that may have filtered these employees to go to another approver. Also could you provide me with a screenshot of the default approval process for this absence type. (Please do not share any sensitive information)
  • If the Supervisor has been changed recently within the employee profiles. This may mean that the approval process has been moved over to a new employee.

If you can provide me with more information on this, that would help for me to figure out why this has happened. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you 😃

Best,

Conor

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hey Conor,

I have the same question. I just checked what you shared about Settings > Approvals > Select the absence type. All seems to be good. Other employees who have the role which allows for supervisors to get notifications when a subordinate requests a leave, do get the notification. Only one employee has a problem of seeing the notification even though they have the same access rights. 

Cheers,

Hristo 

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hey @H99 

Could you log in as one of the direct reports of the Supervisor and put through a test absence request. Once you have put this through could you then click on the absence and show me what is says within here? 

Here is an example:

Once requested, click on the absence directly on the highlighted part:

It will open up this box, where it states the approver:

Please ensure to block out any sensitive information if it is visible within the images. Once I have this information, I can investigate this further.

Best,

Conor

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Here you go, as you can see the approval goes to the People Admin (me) and not to the Supervisor

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hey @H99 

Thanks for providing this to me 😀

Okay next step is to navigate to Settings > Approvals > Statutory leave and within here you need to check first what the default approval step is. 

After this check to see if there has been a rule set up to filter out this employee to go to another approver other than the default. 

If you can provide me images of this without sensitive information, I can have a look and see what is happening.

Best,

Conor

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hey Conor,

Above you can see a screenshot on how the approval process looks like. The Supervisor is set on default and there are no extra rulesets. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hey @H99 

So it seems that this employee is being considered as a Support employee, because this is the other approval rule that is pushing it to the People Admin role. 

It will be difficult to fix this without having a look into other parts of your account. If I could kindly ask that you have the Account Owner for your Personio account to reach out to our Support team via Find Answers, we can help you to a quick fix on this  🙂

Thank you for your understanding and co-operation on this.

Best,

Conor

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hey Conor,

I have just fixed it, thanks for the guidance! 

What I did is to remove the previous ruleset around Customer Support and add a new one around HR + Supervisor. Apparently, because the employee works in Customer Support (the one with the problem of not getting a notification), it took their department into account instead of focusing on the People Admin. I think backend prioritised things differently than what you see visually. I hope this makes sense?  

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hey @H99 

That’s great to hear it is now fixed 😃

Yes it seems as if that previous ruleset of Department equals Customer Support was pulling this employee into this ruleset. However, its good now that the correct approval process is now working and the employee’s requests are now going to the correct set approver. 

If you have any other difficulties, please let me know and I will be happy to help.

Have a nice evening ☘️

Best,

Conor

Your reply