Answered

Supervisor reminders - external vs. internal employees

• 31 August 2022
  • 6 replies

Hi!

I was wondering if it’s possible to create different reminders for supervisors direct reports depending on the employment type. Right now, we remind our supervisors of their employees end date. For internal employees it needs to be 4 weeks before the contract ends, but for external consultants it only needs to be a week before. Is it possible to create these two different workflows?

Best,

Emma

icon

Best answer by Andrea 20 September 2022, 13:31

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Dear @Emma Tcheng,

Welcome back to the Community!  I am excited to see you are back 😀.

In order to create different Reminders for external and internal employees, you can use the Special filter when setting up the Reminder. I imagine that the supervisors are in the same team as their direct reports, so the filter for internal employees could look something like this:

You can afterwards set up the same Reminder using the same filter, but for external employees, and set it up for the corresponding time period (a week before).

What do you think of this idea? Please let me know if it helped you out! 

I wish you a lovely afternoon 🌻.

Best,

Andrea

Hi @Andrea,

Thanks for your suggestion! But if we use “Team” as filter, doesn’t everyone in that team get a reminder? The only purpose of this reminder is to remind supervisors to check whether the contract needs to be prolonged or not. 

//Emma

Hi @Andrea,

Any updates on this?

//Emma

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Emma Tcheng!

Thanks for your follow-up question 🙂. The reminder is sent to the role where it was created. In the case I explained, the reminder would be created in the role you have created for your supervisors. This means that the members of the role are supervisors and that they are the receptors of the reminder. 

The screenshot I shared, implies from whose profile is the reminder going to be generated for. This would be the members of the same team of the supervisors, that are saved as internal according to the special filter.

Does this clarify your inquiry further?

Thanks in advance for your response.

Best,

Andrea

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi @Emma Tcheng,
I hope you’re well!

Just checking in, since the question is not marked “answered”: is this matter resolved? If so, you can pick a “best answer”. But if you have any follow-up question, go ahead and let us know below :)

Happy weekend,
Daniele

Hi Daniele,

I did, thanks for asking. To confirm, I have picked the best answer.

Best,
Emma

Your reply