Answered

What is the role of the substitute in Personio?

• 19 January 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi community,

When employees or managers take a longer leave of absence, what is the role of the substitute? Is that another colleague who fills with regards to work tasks or another manager?

We have currently an employee who will be on sick leave for the time being. There are two employees filling in for them, one with regards to their work tasks and another one for their manager responsibilities. 

I have noted that this has been discussed before, but I don’t think it answers my specific question. 

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by Marc 19 January 2022, 15:04

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @Emma Tcheng,

if you enable substitutes for the absences of your choice, employees will be asked to whether select optional or mandatory (depending on your preferences) a substitute of the drop-down list when they request an absence.

When a substitute is selected and the absence requested, the substitutes will first receive a request to accept or decline the substitution.  If accepted, the standard approval process you set up will continue. 

The substitute will also be shown in the absence calendar of the specific employee.

With the substation process, you won’t hand over any access right or so, the process is made to clearly notify potential substitutes that someone is going on vacation or another absence. 

You can find more details in this both articles:

If there is anything open from your side, feel free to ask!

Best regards
Marc

Your reply