🧰 Bringing your authentic self at work

• 6 November 2023
  • 4 replies
🧰 Bringing your authentic self at work
Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi community, 👋🏻

Another Monday, another week to start ahead! 👩🏻‍💻

👉🏻 Do you feel that you can bring your authentic self at work?

🧰 Work and personal life are most of the time separated, yet, we are only humans with emotions and each of us bring their own personality traits, beliefs and perspectives. However, differentiating those two sides of our lives can be, from time to time, challenging.

How do you create this work-life balance in your organisation?

Looking forward to your replies.

Have a lovely week ahead!

Linda 

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Really interesting topic, thanks for bringing it up Linda! In my organisation, firstly we make sure that we have really open relationships within teams and with our leadership. This means that each employee can feel comfortable to share with their manager when things are getting too busy and when they might need support. This is really important so that we can make sure that employees work load is manageable. In addition to this we also run different initiative such as “no meeting Wednesday” which allows employees to have focused time to work on their tasks instead of spending a lot of time in meetings. Personally I also like to make sure I am really organised and plan my day well so I can ensure to get all my tasks done!

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Thank you, @Suzanne.h  for sparking this conversation, and kudos for fostering open and supportive relationships!

Your approach to maintaining manageable workloads through open communication and initiatives like "no meeting Wednesday" is fantastic.
It gives employees the space they need to focus and be productive. Being organized and planning your day effectively is a valuable habit – it's all about finding that balance.

Do you have any specific tips for staying organized that you'd like to share? 😊

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

@Linda23 yes definitely! I always try to use calendar blockers and stick to them - whether that is a focus hour to get admin done, or an interview blocker to prioritise candidate calls. It helps me to keep a structure to my day and limit distractions :) 

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @Suzanne.h calendar blockers are definitely important to maintain a healthy work-life balance :) Especially when you have to be focus so you can work on your projects. Glad to hear that these tips are helping you to structure your day.

Your reply