Sticky HUG

Get ready for your next adventure - HUG 2023 is coming soon

• 4 September 2023
  • 10 replies
Get ready for your next adventure - HUG 2023 is coming soon
Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Dear Community,

We’re getting more and more excited as the next HUG 2023 is coming soon, and on October 4th we’ll make our first stop of our tour around Europe at The Mermaid in London.

HUG is Personio's biggest HR event, where you can expect: 

🤩 An exciting program,
🗣️ Inspiring speakers, 
💡 Valuable exchanges with other HR professionals

And muuuuuch more! 

👉 You can also find all the information on the official HUG website, which you are welcome to share with your network: https://hug.personio.com/

To kick-off the first discussions: From your point of view, what have been or are the most discussed topics for HR right now?

Looking forward to the exchange here and see you all in person very soon! 

Best regards,
Melissa and the Personio Voyager Community Team

10 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Very excited to meet and welcome other Personio users in London! 

Most talked about topics that come to mind in our industry at the moment is of course the mandated return-to-work policies we are seeing from companies (Zoom, Goldman Sachs and most recently Grindr losing 45% of their staff) and of course the use of generative AI, not just the impact on business (risk and rewards) but how we can leverage it in the HR stack.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hey @xtine08 we are also thrilled to meet you and other Personio users and HR professionals in London :)!

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts around topics! I personally find it super interesting the use of generative AI and how that can be utilise as a tool in our day to day tasks. :)

Looking forward to chatting with you!

Best, 

Linda

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

On that note, I’d like for our new ops assistant Nicole Castillo-Mauro to join as well but she mentioned she’s on the waitlist when she tried to sign up yesterday. Is there priority for Personio customers? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @xtine08 
Thanks for your patience :)

The registrations for the HUG in London went through the roof in the last couple of days. On the one hand that is very exciting for us, but on the other hand this means that we've reached the venue capacity and had to implement the waiting list.

We are currently processing the ticket requests and will reach out to the people on the waiting list as soon as seats are available. In general we handle the registrations by first come first serve for this years HUG. So there can be a worst case scenario in which your colleague won't get a ticket.

Nevertheless we will be excited to see you there!
Have a lovely day!

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Thanks @Melissa 

Some further questions that might be FAQs

• How many people will be attending?
  • Will there be Location-based Networking?
    • I’m based in Cambridge, UK - a standalone HR professional who is ultimately seeking to be able to connect, converse and collaborate with other HR professionals beyond the usage of the online community pages.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Happy friday @JHBEM 👋

thank you for your questions. We are expecting around 550 attendees at HUG London.

There will be no location-based networking however there are plenty of networking opportunities such as a speed networking session, breakfast in the morning and festivities in the evening with a DJ and drinks. 

I hope this helps! Have a great weekend and see you next week at HUG. ✈️
Melissa

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Thanks @Melissa 

If there’s anyway within the speed-networking to involve the notion of Location / Industry etc. so that the speed-networking will be more likely to add value?

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi @JHBEM thank you for asking!

I’m actually organizing these speed-networking sessions 🤠

How do you mean “involve the notion of Location / Industry”? As in, to split the people up in groups?

Since time is limited and the whole session will last around 30 minutes (according to plan, every participant will have chatted with 5 other participants for 5 minutes each) it will be completely at random. It’s like a box of chocolates, you never know what you’re gonna get!

Are you looking to network with attendees from a specific industry / location? 

Cheers,
Daniele

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

@Daniele 

Hi - I suppose when you get a box of chocolates I would always look at the little ‘card’ that shows you what is in the box and then have my ‘preferred’ options that I would seek out.

In the same way - rather than having 5 entirely random introductions if you have a preference based selection it is still random but it is tailored.

This way I could ask to be introduced to other people who live or work around Cambridge as a 1st preferenced.
My 2nd preference would be to meet others who’s organisation work in ‘Consulting’
 and third would be IT / Technology.

Although I do HR - the challenges that I face will be quite different to that of a FMCG / Manufacturing and as a result those 30mins could be either really valuable or potentially a waste if based on the pairing.

It would be a simple Form - asking for your preferences and then you can’t promise but it would help make the time as valuable as possible.

Badge

The Elizabeth Line is still running, so I’ll still make it, phew!
See you on Wednesday.

Ruth

Your reply