Skip to main content
Pride Month

June stands for visibility, acceptance and equality 🌈

• 6 June 2024
  • 0 replies
June stands for visibility, acceptance and equality 🌈

Pride Month is marked by demonstrations and protests that support the LGBTQIA+ community and increase the visibility of this underrepresented group. Similarly, in our Voyager community, there have already been posts promoting visibility and diversity, such as

We know how important it is to promote diversity in all its forms and colours. The benefits speak for themselves:

πŸ’‘ Improved innovation
πŸ’― Optimized decision-making processes thanks to diverse perspectives
πŸ”₯ Increased employee retention
πŸ‘₯ Enrichment of corporate culture

While you are implementing measures to promote visibility, acceptance, and equality, the question arises: How can you continue to educate and raise awareness beyond Pride Month? For this, we’ve compiled a small list of resources for you:
Β 

🎬 Film

• Pride (2014)Β 
  • The Kids Are All Right (2010)
  • The Danish Girl (2016)Β 
  • Call Me By Your Name (2017)

πŸ“š Literature

• "The Transgender History" - Susan Stryker
  • "If I Was Your Girl - Meredith Russo
  • β€œThe Right to be Parents: LGBT Families and the Transformation of Parenthood” - Carlos A. Ball

🌐 Websites

• ACLU - LGBT Rights: Provides resources, reports, and legal information on LGBT rights, including family and parenting issues.
  • Rainbow Europe: Offers reports, country profiles, and resources on LGBTI rights and equality in Europe.

🎧 Podcasts

• Nancy -Β  explores LGBTQIA+ stories, including family experiences, relationships, and parenting, offering perspectives on LGBT family rights, hosted by Tobin Low and Kathy Tu
  • Queer Spirit Podcast - Hosted by Nick Venegoni & TanyaMarck Oviedo, explores spirituality, personal growth, and queer culture, including allyship within the LGBTQIA+ community.

Β 

Let's start the exchange at the beginning of Pride Month! Feel free to add to the list in the comments. Also feel free to share if you have any initiatives planned during Pride Month this year and/or what initiatives you are taking all year round.Β 

Β 

Here is also a list of all Pride Parades happening around Europe:

πŸ‘‰Β More Events near you!Β 

I look forward to the exchange in the comments! πŸŽ‰

No replies

Be the first to reply!

Your reply