Answered

Absences on Slack - 'visit Personio for a complete list'

• 12 October 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Hi! 

Since October 3rd, I’ve noticed that the full list of Absences on a particular day isn’t pulling through on Slack - it says ‘and others; visit Personio for a complete list’.

This wasn’t the case before (it used to show the full list) but as it doesn’t allow people to efficiently see who is / isn’t working on a particular day (one of the major reasons for choosing this integration), it’s causing quite a few problems. Is there a setting that I can change to stop this happening and see the full list on Slack again?  

Thanks! 

icon

Best answer by International Support Team 13 October 2023, 15:47

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5

Hey @avmar99 

We are aware that a change was made recently in regards to the Slack integration and the challenges that are faced with this new view. The Product Team will look to fix this in future, but for now it will remain. For this reason, I would kindly ask that you refer to the Absence Calendar within Personio or the Out Today widget to see the full list of absences for your organization. 

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

Best regards, 

Conor

Hi,

I agree with @avmar99, a setting to switch this on and off would be ideal. 

It kind of defies the purpose of this integration: you don’t need to log in personio just for that. 
As an example: it happens that I have 3 members of my team absent today but they are not appearing in the list posted on our Slack channel. As a fully remote company, it’s very important to know this.

I must say it is a curious approach to product development to make a feature purposely less efficient unless it was causing API limit or server issues. I hope you can bring back that feature or make it a setting as well as ordering the list in alphabetical order :) 

Regards

Your reply