Answered

Access to Personio during Preboarding when Okta is activated.

• 2 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Hey,

how can I give new hires access to Personio to complete some of their admin tasks prior to their start date when SSO using Okta is turned on?

icon

Best answer by Andrea 3 August 2022, 15:59

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hello @ffxbauer 👋🏼,

Thank you very much for sharing this post with us! In order to answer your question, I have contacted our product team just to confirm my understanding of log in with SSO from Okta is correct. I will get back to you as soon as I have an answer to your question. 

Thank you very much for your patience!

Best,

Andrea

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Dear @ffxbauer,

Thank you for your patience, I have an answer for your inquiry:

1. In order for employees in Onboarding to be able to sign in with Okta, you need to first verify, that the e-mail in Personio matches the one in the primary e-mail field in Okta (Directory > People > Primary).
  2. Onboarding employees are by default in the status Staged in Okta. To be able to use SSO, the employees must have the status Active in Okta

As soon as your employees have the status active in Okta, and if their email addresses match in both tools, they should be able to log in into Personio with the SSO of Okta. 

Let me know if this information is helpful or if you need any further details from my side ⚡️.

I wish you a lovely afternoon!

Best,

Andrea

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @ffxbauer 👋🏼,

I hope my answer above was helpful for you! Please let me know if you need any further information.

Have a great day ☀️.

Best,

Andrea

Your reply