Skip to main content

Hello, 

I am trying to get data relative to employee's absence entitlement (aka the days of paid holiday they can take each year). According to this post on the German Help Center, these data are available on the Custom Report API.

On September 6th, I created a trial account to investigate the custom report structure. I created a custom report and included the entitlement column. As you can see from the JSON screenshot below, the absence_2829148:entilement (as well as balance) field/column appeared in the response.

Yesterday I asked our Personio admin to generate a custom report, so that I could call it via the API. The entitlement column isn't showing at all:

Screenshot taken on Sep 23, 2024

Today, I tried creating another trial account to recreate what I did on September 6th. I don't see the entitlement column anymore. Has anything changed in the meantime? 

How can I find, and retrieve via API, the absence entitlement data for each employee? I see that these data are used in the UI (to show the balance, for example).

Can you please point me in the right direction?

Hi @darkocompagnoni,

It may be possible that different settings for this custom reports were used.

When you create a custom report, depending on the absence type you select, you have different attributes available:

Usually, the absence entitlement is only available for Point in time and Timeframe Type of Report:

👉🏻 Overview of all attributes in Personio

👉🏻 Custom Reports

Also, the Entitlement option is only available for absence types in days.

You can check with your Personio Admin the report settings.

📍FYI: I edited your original attachment as it was showing some private data!

I hope this helps!

Best,

Valentina 😀

Hello darkocompagnoni

There is also a direct API endpoint to find the balance for a specific employee. 
You can find it here on the Personio documentation https://developer.personio.de/reference/get_company-employees-employee-id-absences-balance

Is it something that can work for your use case ? 

Cheers, 
Nathan

Thank you @Valentina S., I'll request the Personio admin to create that Custom report selecting the correct type of report.

📍FYI: I edited your original attachment as it was showing some private data!

It was just mock data, but thank you anyways for being toughtful!

------

@Nathan Jolly Thanks, however it seems to require looping through all employees ids and it's not super convenient. If you have an alternative, please share!

@Valentina S. @Nathan Jolly Personio admin still can't find the Entitlement. 

Even selecting point in time or timeframe, the "Entitlement” field does not appear. 

The field seem to be called Vacation days, but that’s also not found when creating the custom report: 

Do you have any other ideas? 

Hi @darkocompagnoni,

Have they tried typing “Entitlement” in Specify reports details > Add column?

You will see the Absence type names being displayed rather than the Accrual policy names.

More specifically, the Entitlement option is only available for absence types in days, meaning that you won’t see the absence types calculated in hours among the options.

If you think that your query requires to check specific data on your account, a support ticket may be the best option. Through a support ticket, we will be able to log in into your account, check the settings together with you, and also verify if the topic might involve a system error.

You can contact the support team via Help & Feedback. Be aware that only Account Owners can contact our support team. In case you are not registered as such, please contact your colleagues in the role, or add this information in your account. You can find out how here.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can support you with.

I wish you a lovely day ahead!

Best,

Valentina 🎃

Your reply