API responses - changed structure - broken integrations

• 13 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10
  • Communicator
  • 43 replies

Dear Personio community,

Bunch of our API scripts broke due to change in the API responses (JSON structure) over the past few days (between 9th and 10th of November 2022).

Is there a place (newsletter) or any other type of feed where Personio team announces these types of API changes that are not backward compatible (so that it's possible to do a preparation for a transition in advance during a given period of time)?

Thanks and have a great week ahead,

Vida

icon

Best answer by Andrea 16 November 2022, 14:33

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Short update:

It looks like changes were minor: 

employee.attributes.office.value.attributes.name → employee.attributes.office.value

(https://api.personio.de/v1/company/employees endpoint), so no big deal.

Nevertheless, it would be nice to have a heads up if/when there are some changes that are planned ahead, so if there's some update feed that we are missing, please share.

Enjoy the sunny day,

Vida

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Dear @Vida,

Thank you very much for sharing this information! I am investigating why this change in the endpoint happened and if we communicate this to customers.

I will get back to you as soon as I have more information. Thank you for your patience!

Best,

Andrea

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Dear @Vida,

Thank you very much for your patience! 

I contacted our product team to investigate if there has been any changes in the end points of our API. The team confirmed that there has not been any change. They attempted to reproduce the described issue, and the response that was returned for Employee data was as expected and published by us. 

To be able to support you further, I would kindly ask you to contact my peers from the support team through Find Answers. They already know the details you have shared with me about your inquiry and would need also the following information:

• Does the change in the end point occur for every request you are executing, or just for a couple of them?
  • Do you have any logs that you could please share with us?

If you decide to contact the support team, please let me know, to notify them about your ticket. You can also mention in the ticket that you have been in touch with me.

Thank you very much in advance for your response!

Best,

Andrea

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Thank you @Andrea - we'll take a deeper look on our side. 

Best,

Vida

Your reply