Answered

Azure AD integration constantly updates manager for all users

• 9 March 2023
  • 2 replies

Hello!

I have observed weird behavior where Azure AD integration keeps updating all employees’ user profiles every 30 minutes if supervisor attribute is selected for syncing. We are using the Microsoft Azure Active Directory integration that is available from the Marketplace and set it up with the instructions on support documentation.

If I remove supervisor attribute from the list of synchronized attributes then updates will only happen for the users and respective attributes that do have been changed in Personio at that time, just like expected.

With supervisor attribute selected for syncing, the integration updates manager information on Azure AD for all users on every cycle and each time with same value. I don’t think this is the intended behavior and makes harder to track actual actions.

Here is an example of one users audit log on Azure AD:

Any idea what could be reason for this and how to fix it (and hopefully keep the supervisor information synced)?

icon

Best answer by mruscito 10 March 2023, 16:46

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @Lasse !

So, the workflow between Personio and Azure AD (as well as for other integrations) does run every 30 minutes. In this sense, it is not wrong for you to see updates made at 30-minute intervals.

However, unless your employees’ supervisors are being changed in their profiles extremely frequently, I cannot see a reason for these updates.

I would kindly ask that you open a Find Answers query, so that our Customer Support Team can investigate this further. This way, we’ll be able to give you a more accurate idea of what’s going on.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. 🚀

Megan

Same here. Please post the solution if available. Didnt find anything in the help section. 

Your reply