Answered

Azure AD Sync Password

• 2 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Hello there,

we are currently investigating the changing of workflows and what new work will be there for us in the IT.

I am currently looking into the topic of the AAD Synchronisation.

Personio is synching the info we got in the AAD with the information already present on personio, but does it sync the password too, or do the users have to create a new password?

icon

Best answer by International Support Team 7 June 2023, 13:10

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5

Hey @Member2643 

Welcome to the Personio Community, we are thrilled to see you here 🎊 🥳. I am happy to support you with your inquiry

I reached out to our Technical Team on this and here is their answer:

‘We create a user profile and the UPN in AAD and use the default password creation workflow in AAD. It’s on the customer’s end to decide how this password creation process looks like. It can be specified in Azure AD.’ 

I hope this information was able to answer your question. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Best regards, 

Conor

Hello @International Support Team !
Thank you for the reply. Sadly as it turns out, the AAD synchronization is only possible with complete Full AAD only, and not any kind of hybrid configuration, so that is out of the window anyway ^^

We will look into that topic once we are full Cloud. Thank you, Conor the Great, once that happens we can actually try to synchronize the accounts.

Is there a hybrid solution in developement?

Best Regards,
Ian

Userlevel 5

Hey @Member2643 

At the moment, there are currently no plans but if I could kindly ask you to input this feedback into our Ideation Area, this will give visibility to the Product Team.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Best regards, 

Conor

Hello Conor,

thatnk you, that would be all, you can close the topic :)

Your reply