Answered

Azure AD Unable to verify the authentication

Looks like we’re not getting newly added Personio users synced to Azure AD.
When going to Personio Marketplace and checking the Azure AD integration, it “looks ok”:

...but it’s not, as pressing “Next” brings error “Unable to verify the authentication”:

Pressing next, opens up “Create new authentication” page, where “Directory ID” is “common” by default. After adding our Tenant ID and selecting “Create”, it goest only to an empty page on address:
​​
https://personio.integration-configuration.com/auth/cb?error=Unfortunately%2C+there+was+an+error+when+contacting+the+external+service+you+are+trying+to+authenticate+with.

This might be an issue / error on your system, as it first shows “Authentication exists”, but then error “Unable to verify the authentication”. And this error page doesn’t actually show anything on it (another error?).

I’m afraid to remove it completely and try adding again, if it wouldn’t be added back at all (because some error you might have in your system).

Your “Status” page shows “all good”. But is all good in your systems?

icon

Best answer by International Support Team 3 July 2023, 18:40

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 5

Hi @SpiralPlugger 

When setting up the integration with Azure AD please note you also need to have global administrator rights for your Azure AD tenant. 

If you have these you should be able to follow these steps below to Connect Azure via Marketplace:

1. Go to Marketplace > Microsoft Azure AD > Connect

2. Click Authenticate Azure AD

3. In a separate window, open Azure Admin dashboard > Settings icon in top right

4. Copy the relevant Directory ID

5. Return to Personio > Paste the item in the Directory ID text box

6. Click Create

Please see this article below:

👉🏼Azure Active Directory

If you continue to have any issues with this set up I would recommend reaching out to my colleagues from the support team will be able to log in into your account, check the settings together with you, and also verify if the topic might involve a system error. You can contact my colleagues from the support team via Find Answers. Be aware that only Contract and Account owners can contact our support team. In case you are not registered as such, please contact your colleagues in the role, or add this information in your account. You can find out how here.

I hope you have a lovely weekend 😊

All the best, 

Erica

Thanks, I had a nice weekend.

As I have had already tried the not-helpful copy-paste instructions you gave me (as shown on the screenshots I provided), and that you’re pointing us to contact your support, looks like we’re not getting anywhere in this forum to solve this issue.

At least I hope someone with the same issues might find this page (when having same issues) and will get help to solve it easier. I’ll keep on updating this until the issue is solved.

This issue got even worse though:

• Now pressing "Next" on the first window doesn't forward to the Azure AD integration window any longer, but brings this error:

Can’t you admit that there’s some issue on your side, at least how the errors are being presented?

These messages / errors shouldn’t be presented this way from your system.

I have now requested that our Contract / Account owner would create a support ticket on your website.

I can confirm we’re facing the same issue. The integration broke mid last week and cannot be fixed so far.

Support ticket opened and waiting for a response.

Funny thing, we had the same problem in March. They fixed it somehow after a few days and we reconnected the integration successfully.

@Pavels Nevodnicenko, thank you so much for responding! In a way I’m glad to hear that we’re not alone with this issue, although I’m sorry to hear you’re also experiencing it.

As we’re relying Personio to create, unlock and lock the M365 accounts with onboarding and offboarding, including correct areas and office locations to be synced with shared mailboxes and Teams groups, broken Azure AD connection makes life a lot harder now.

@International Support Team, please solve this issue asap. Thank you!

Userlevel 5

Hi @SpiralPlugger & @Pavels Nevodnicenko

I am very sorry to hear you are both still having issues with the integration with Azure Ad. Would it be possible for you both respectively to have a member of your team that is an Account owners contact our support team. They will be able to look further into your account and if it is a system error they can raise it with our engineers for further investigation. They can contact my colleagues from the support team via Find Answers. 

Please ensure to provide them with any relevant screenshots and clarify that you do have the necessary global administrator rights for your Azure AD tenant. I would like to apologie once again for any inconvenience this is causing both of your companies and our support team will be able to assist you as soon as they receive the request!

All the best, 

Erica

We’re facing the exact same issue. 
I’ll also contact support. 

Issue still persists. For one time somehow it went through in the Personio Marketplace settings for Azure AD integration, but still isn’t updating information within M365.

I looked again - yet again it’s giving the same errors in Personio Marketplace settings for Azure AD intergation.

Personio! Please fix this issue permanently, as it seems to have been causing headaches ever earlier for different companies!

Dear Personio, 

the issue persists for almost a whole month while no information is being made available from your end. 

Simply stating that a 3rd party is responsible for functionality on your platform is hard to consider professional. 

This is an essential tool for the onboarding process, your negligence is inacceptable. 

Personio sent an email last Friday somewhat concerning some Azure AD integration issues - my best guess is, that this is part of the same issue - or is it @International Support Team ? :

Integration disruption with Azure AD

Hello,

We would like to inform you that we have identified a technical issue with our sub-processing partner and Azure AD that has been causing a disruption of our integration capabilities. Additionally, this issue has been impacting the de-provisioning workflow of the Azure AD integration since May 31st.

The de-provisioning workflow ensures that former employees can no longer access relevant data through Azure AD. More information can be found in thisHelp Center article.

Our product team is actively working on resolving this issue. We understand the critical nature of our software for your business operations, and we want to assure you that we are treating this issue with the highest priority.

What do I need to do next?

Review the user status of your former employees' user profiles in Azure AD and deactivate them manually, if necessary. Additionally, review your workflows and processes to mitigate any potential impact. 

We apologize for any inconvenience this incident has caused and are taking steps to prevent similar occurrences in the future. We understand that this situation may require adjustments on your end, and we appreciate your understanding and cooperation.

If you need additional support, please contact us via the Find Answers section of your Personio account. We will inform you once the issue is resolved and the functionality of the integration is available again.

Best regards,

Your Personio Team

Frequently asked questions

What caused the integration disruption?

The integration disruption was due to technical issues encountered with our sub-processing partner, affecting the seamless data flow.

How does this disruption impact the de-provisioning workflow?

The disruption also affects the de-provisioning workflow, which ensures that former employees no longer have access to relevant data. We are actively addressing this issue to maintain data security.

When can we expect the issue to be resolved?

We are working diligently to implement a fix and we will inform you via email as soon as we have resolved the issue. We appreciate your patience during this time.

What should we do in the meantime?

We recommend you review your workflows and processes to minimize any potential impact caused by the integration disruption. Our support team is available to assist you with any concerns or questions you may have.

Userlevel 5

Hi @SpiralPlugger, @Pavels Nevodnicenko @TiRo @danyitatdrs

My apologies for the delay in response! Thank you all for contacting our support team, they are the best contact point for any issues as such and will be able to assist with them! 

As seen in @SpiralPluggers last post there has been some issues with our integration with Azure AD, these should now be resolved and the integration working as expected. To ensure correct functionality please re-authenticate Azure AD in the Personio Marketplace. You can do this by following steps 3 and 4 in this Help Center article. The person re-authenticating should have global administrator rights in Azure AD and keep those rights as long as the integration is active.

Once more, we would like to apologise for any inconvenience this incident has caused and we have taken actions to prevent similar occurrences in the future! 

Additionally as stated prior if any issues do occur for you again in the future please reach out to our Support team via Find Answers. Be aware that only Contract and Account owners can contact our support team.

I hope you all have a wonderful rest of your week!

All the best, 

Erica

Your reply