Answered

Cost Center sync (Azure AD / Entra ID integration)

• 6 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Hello! We need to get Cost Center attribute synced from Personio to Azure AD / Entra ID / M365 accounts.

As it doesn’t seem to be actually supported attribute with your integration on Entra ID, I tried to sync it from Personio “Cost Center” to Entra ID “City” field (because it was an empty attribute on Entra ID side).

This caused the Entra ID City -field to look like this:
[{type=CostCenter, attributes={id=XyXyXy, name=000 XyXyXy, percentage=100}}]

Looks like Personio’s information in the “Cost Center” field is in this format, so of course it doesn’t look as it should in the Entra ID “City” field.

I tried searching for this issue (or any suggestions on what attribute field to sync Cost Center on Entra ID profiles), but I haven’t found anyone with this question.

Would you have any suggestion for us, on what Entra ID attribute could we sync this Cost Center information from Personio, so it would look like it should?

Or if there isn’t any supported field for information in this format on Entra ID side… could you perhaps perfect the synced format on your side, so it syncs only the actual information from Personio, which in this case should include only “000 XyXyXy 100%” ?

icon

Best answer by SpiralPlugger 12 February 2024, 18:18

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5

Hi @SpiralPlugger

I was checking some sources and, from what I see, there is no fitting Entra ID field in the right format. So what we would need is that the attribute Cost Center is transferred in a different format, so that it can theoretically be transferred to any Entra ID field. This is something we currently don’t have but I would like to encourage you to post this suggestion of improvement in our Ideation area. This way, other users will be able to vote for it, and the suggestion will be shared with our product team.

In order for us to fully understand your idea, I share with you a couple of questions that your description should clarify when posting in the ideation area:

• What would you like to achieve with Personio? What issue do you need to solve?

• Why? What would be the added value for you?

• How are you solving it right now?

The more details, the better! 🙌🏼

Make sure to add the link to the idea in this thread, so that other users that find your question can upvote it 💪🏼

Thank you in advance for sharing your ideas with us 😃

Best,

Zulema

Thank you for responding, @International Support Team 

I have now created an idea about this: 

For you who’re reading this; feel free to vote for the idea 🙏🏻

Your reply