Answered

Do Public Holidays pull through as absences on slack?

• 30 September 2021
  • 4 replies

Do Public Holidays pull through as absences on slack?

This would be a really useful feature, especially since we have employees in different countries. Even it did a reminder when there was a public holiday in each country (as opposed to saying every individual that would therefore be off that day)

icon

Best answer by Daniele 1 October 2021, 11:10

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hello @ychalmers,
Thanks for reaching out!

The Slack channel updates include the following points:

• Who is absent today and until when?
  • Who has a birthday today?
  • Which employees have their first day in our company today?
  • Which employees have a work anniversary today?

The information about “Who is absent today and until when?” pulls its data from Absences only, and not from Public Holidays. Therefore, it will only show employees who are marked as absent in Personio.

Are you currently using the Slack integration? :)

Even it did a reminder when there was a public holiday in each country (as opposed to saying every individual that would therefore be off that day)

How do you currently solve this situation? Do you make a Slack-wide announcement for all of your staff when there is a national public holiday (which may not apply to other countries)?

Curious to hear more!

Best,
Daniele

Hi Daniele, thanks for your response. Currently there is no announcement on slack. People hear about them through word of mouth in their teams. It’d be really helpful for them to pull through in slack just as a reminder from Personio

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi there,

Thank You for the additional infos. I can see how that would be an improvement.

For the sake of context: Absence data and Public Holidays data are linked to completely different APIs. Our integrations currently work well with Absence data, but they have no access to the Public Holidays API, so this would require extra engineering.

Anyway, I would suggest creating post in the Ideation Area about this. All the Ideas get forwarded to our Product Team, who will have a look at all the feedback and evaluate it.

When posting an idea, I recommend answering the following guiding questions:

• What would you like to achieve with Personio?
  • Why? What would be the added value for you? 
  • How are you solving it right now? 

Looking forward to your idea!

I am also linking your other submission below, to give it some extra visibility in the Community.

All the best,
Daniele

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi @ychalmers,

@Miro2021 just submitted this idea.

If you think it is important, make sure to click on it and upvote it, so it can gain more visibility!

All the best,
Daniele

Your reply