Answered

Emloyee API - updated_since

• 26 May 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
  • Getting Started
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I am using the updated_since attribute in the Employees endpoint to search for user that were last updated (in the past hour and also 15 minutes).

Is it possible to return the updated time?

That is if I curl

curl --request GET \
--url 'https://api.personio.de/v1/company/employees?limit=10&offset=0&updated_since=2022-12-24T08%3A15%3A30' \
--header 'accept: application/json' \
--header 'authorization: Bearer <token>'

The output doesn’t return a field that has the “updated_at” or “updated_since” value. 

Do I have to make a different call to get that?

If not, could I request it be returned please 🙂

icon

Best answer by International Support Team 13 June 2023, 10:01

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

@Guy This actually seems as a very interesting option which gives me ideas on how we could use it internally (especially during onboarding). (Thanks for that)

If it's not a too much to ask, could you share some of the scenarios/usages?

Userlevel 1

Hi @Vida sure,

As there is no Google → Personio integration (except for sign in). I am using Zapier to link the 2 and make Personio our “Source of Truth”.

And also for Personio to be the place that starts the off boarding of an employee.

Off boarding scenario below:

• An employee is marked as `inactive` in Personio
  • Zapier does a check (every 15 minutes) to see who’s been updated in the last 13 minutes
  • If someone is found as inactive it suspends them in Google and sends a Slack message.
  • Some other automation takes place but essentially that’s it for this stage

For “Source of truth”

• Someone is updated in Personio - (Supervisor, Name, Email etc.)
  • Zapier does a check (every 15 minutes) to see who’s been updated in the last 13 minutes
  • If it finds someone it updates their profile in Google and Slack
  • Send the employee a message to say their profile has been updated.

Without getting too into the details, the time being returned would stop an employee being picked up multiple times when they have only been updated once.

There are a few other scenarios but this is the basic one

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Great - thanks for sharing!

Userlevel 5

Hey @Guy 

I reached out to the Technical Team on this question and here is what they had to say:

‘For the updated_since string, it is not returned as a value, but you can ask for every change that has been made since the value you enter for updated_since.

The API does not provide information when something has been changed, like it is done in the history of an employee for example.’

If you would like this type of information, you can post this feedback into our Ideation Area.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Best regards,

Conor

Userlevel 1

Thanks @International Support Team (Conor),

My call to the API is using the “updated_since” but it’s returning more often than it should.

I have it set to check updated_since the last 15 minutes but, it will return more often than that (or at least it seems to). 

If it had the updated time I could see why this was happening. If it’s able to check the time it must be captured somewhere.

Anyway, yes I’ll post it to the Idea area

Your reply