Skip to main content
Answered

Generate document with signature field

• 28 June 2024
  • 3 replies

If a signature field is added to the document template, other than the employee, the employee's name is shown in the ‘request signature’ menu and not the name in the signature field. You have to select the correct name manually. Would be practical if the request signature menu automatically fills in the correct name. Can this be adjusted?

3 replies

Userlevel 6

Hi @Viona,

This is added because in some documents you will have multiple signers, in order to assign who will sign first we need this multiple option. Also only the person creating this document knows who will be the first person signing this document.

Here you will find more information regarding: Sign a document with an electronic signature. 

Best,

Sofia 

Badge +2

Hi Sofia,

Thank you for your answer. I was wondering if the software couldn't be smarter. If there's one signature placeholder with a name, this name can be recognized and copied automatically in the ‘request signature’ field.

Regards, Viona

Userlevel 6

Hi @Viona,

From what I understand you would like to add the name of the person in the placeholder itself, this means that you wouldn’t be able to use this template with this certain placeholder for other employees.
Unfortunately we don’t have the option for the system to recognise the name of a certain employee in the placeholder. 

I’ve looked for similar ideas in our ideation area , but couldn’t find one yet.

In
case another user has shared this suggestion for improvement you can always vote for it.

You can always post a new idea here:

How to: Submit an idea or suggest a new feature

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us!

I wish you an amazing day.

Best,

Sofia 

Your reply