Answered

How to rescrict access to full calendar information

• 15 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi everyone!

I already read that Cronofy needs access to all calendar information for the calendar integration in Personio but is there any way to restrict full access without restricting function for the smart interview scheduling?

Thank you in advance,

Aylin 

icon

Best answer by International Support Team 19 June 2023, 19:11

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5

Hey @aylinnarli 

Welcome to the Personio Community, we are thrilled to see you here 🎊 🥳. I am happy to support you with your inquiry.

In regards to restricting access to the Calendar, are you talking about restricting the information given to Cronofy or restricting access to the Company Calendar to your employees?

Once I have this information, I can guide further on this.

Best regards, 

Conor

Hi Conor,

thanks for the warm welcome!
We struggle with the fact that all employees can see everyone’s calendar by default. I wonder if there is any way to restrict that while using all functions of the calendar integration. I already read that Cronofy needs access to all employee’s calendar information in order to be able to create appointments. 

It would be great if the calendars would only show if the person involved in an interview is busy of free but instead I can see all details of the appointments. Would it be at least possible to restrict access to the calendar information only to Personio admins?

Best,
Aylin

Userlevel 5

Hey @aylinnarli

I have just noticed that this post went unanswered so I apologize for this 😃

The view an employee has within their Calendar is based off the access given within the employee role (Settings > Employee roles > Calendars). We have a great guide which outlines how to give/restrict access to which calendar information an employee can view and I will provide this for you below:

Additionally, it seems that if you are able to view the details of appointments of employees involved in interviews, then you may have a certain setting enabled for your Calendar Integration. Please navigate to Settings > Calendar Integration and ensure that this setting has been disabled. This will stop the visibility of other employee’s appointments from showing when scheduling interviews.

If there is anything else I can help with, please let me know.

Best,

Conor

Your reply