Answered

Insert variable not working in onboarding steps

• 13 May 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hello, 

We use insert value {{fix_salary}} for our onboarding steps to send a request to prepare a contract for new hire. However, the value in the email is always shown as 0 EUR. Is there a way to fix it? I’ve already tried deleting the value from the template and adding it again - there was no difference. 

Thanks!

Laura

icon

Best answer by International Support Team 14 May 2024, 17:40

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6

Hi @Lauraj,

The placeholder {{fix_salary}} will populate once the attribute effective date is currently active, probably in this case the effective date of the salary is setup for later in the system.

Here you will find more information regarding: The Salary tab

Best,

Sofia 

Badge

Hi Sofia, 

Is there a way to find a workaround for it? As it’s used for onboarding process, it’s normal that most attributes will take effect in the future. The way it’s set right now requires a manual input every time which is prone to error. In addition, even if you put the salary data for the new hire manually in the email template, you are required to refresh the preview for it to take an effect. 

Best,
Laura

Userlevel 6

Hi @Lauraj,

Yes you will have to update the preview in order to see this change:

​​​​​​

Regarding your question on a Work around, unfortunately in this case we will have to fill in this data manually in the email. 

I’ve looked for similar ideas in our ideation area , but couldn’t find one yet.

In
case another user has shared this suggestion for improvement you can always vote for it.

You can always post a new idea here:

How to: Submit an idea or suggest a new feature

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us!

I wish you an amazing day.

Best,

Sofia 

Your reply