Answered

Offboarding workflow & end date

• 9 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi everyone,

I would like to know how others are setting the termination of employees in Personio, as I am new to this HRIS!

Once you have set someone on "termination of employment", do you also change the "contract end date" on the employee profile>>HR information for those employees on a permanent contract?

I have realized that, if we don't do this, the exit date won't be reflected in other reports or the offboarding workflow. And it would be pretty interesting to know how many employees we have in offboarding but also when exactly they are leaving.

Appreciate your support 🙏🏽

icon

Best answer by ConorCunningham 13 March 2023, 13:34

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Dear @Noelianu.ort , 

Welcome to the Personio Community, we are thrilled to see you here 🎊 🥳. I am happy to support you with your inquiry.

As mentioned in our helpcenter article on how to Manage Fixed-Term Contracts with the Contract Ends Attribute, setting a contract end date is for your internal information and does not initiate automatic employment termination on that date. A termination marks the end of any contract and needs to be added separately. Therefore the employee will not go into an Inactive status after the contract end date has passed. 

You can set up a report using our Custom Reports function which will outline the termination date, termination type and the termination reason, as shown below. This will allow you to see the information that you have requested above 🙂

If you are still without the information you require within the report, please let me know in more detail and I can guide you further on this.

Best,

Conor

Badge +1

Hi Conor,

thanks a lot for getting back to me.

I understand the offboarding and termination is only activated once the termination has been scheduled.

You have the article on how to manage fixed-term contracts with the contract end date, but my question was about the management of unlimited contracts. The image above is a screenshot of our workflow, where you can see that the employees are leaving the company, but no contract end date appears.

I understand now that we have to update this field manually, I just wanted to know if this is the best practice when terminating unlimited contracts.

Best

Noelia

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hey @Noelianu.ort 

Thank you for your response on this 😊

As mentioned here in the helpcenter article provided above, if your employee is on an unlimited contract then this attribute is not applicable to them. Therefore for non fixed-term contracts, you do not not need to enter this information and instead you can use the normal termination workflow.

If you have any other questions, I would be happy to help on them.

Best,

Conor

Your reply