Answered

Offboardings of inactive people are not shown in Workflow Hub

• 13 January 2023
  • 6 replies

We realized that the offboarding tasks for employees that were set to inactive after their last day of work are not visible in the Workflow Hub anymore, despite the tasks being still open and visible in the Dashboard. Is that intended and how can we make them visible again in the Workflow Hub?

icon

Best answer by ConorCunningham 16 January 2023, 16:04

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hey @DauHerkert 

Welcome to the Personio Community 🙂

You are correct in that this is intended behaviour on Personio. The Workflow Hub will only show Active employees within the Offboarding widget. Once an employee goes into an inactive status, they will no longer be visible within here. However, their Offboarding steps can still be completed by the relevant responsible employee(‘s). 

The only way to return the employee back to the Workflow Hub, would be to change their status from Inactive to Active. 

If you have any further questions, I will be happy to answer them.

Best,

Conor

Hi @ConorCunningham Thanks for your answer!

There is no way to change that, right? It seems strange that this is the intended behaviour if Personio also automatically sets people who get terminated to inactive after their termination date. Usually, an offboarding process goes beyond that date in that HR and IT have to cancel accounts and notify service providers and all of that. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I support @DauHerkert comments and would prefer them to remain visible after the termination date for people who have tasks assigned for offboarding. Can this be considered for ideation?

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Dear @DauHerkert,

Indeed, there is no way to change that an inactive employee appears in the workflow hub. I can totally understand why this is not helpful for your processes and as Marjolijn stated, I would like to encourage you to post this suggestion of improvement in our ideation area. This way, other users will be able to vote for it, and the suggestion will be shared with our product team. 

In order for us to fully understand your idea, I share with you a couple of questions that your description should clarify when posting in the ideation area: 

• What would you like to achieve with Personio?  What issue do you need to solve?

• Why? What would be the added value for you? 

• How are you solving it right now? 

The more details, the better! However, remember not to share any personal or business data with the public.

Make sure to add the link to the idea in this thread, so that other users that find your question can upvote it. 

Thank you in advance for sharing your ideas with us 🙌🏽.

Best,

Andrea

Hi!

Do you know if this issue has been added to the ideation area? Couldn’t find it there.

I came across with this same problem today when one of our employees pointed out that there are still some emails coming related to an offboarding process from last year. I was very surprised since I had been keeping track on the Workflow Hub and hadn’t seen any offboarding processes overdue there. Thus I had been under the impression that everything had been taken care of and all the steps completed. But as I then went to check the particular inactive employee’s offboarding process I saw that there indeed were 2 offboarding steps assigned to our IT still open! I wouldn’t have realized this by myself. And now, 6+ months after the actual offboarding process (when most of the steps were completed), I need to start checking with our IT if everything has been taken care of and just hasn’t been marked as completed or if something really is open. 

It would be very very helpful to be able to track the offboarding processes of inactive employees as well in the Workflow Hub! 

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

@xyz @Marjolijn @DauHerkert 

I posted an Idea about this topic. Please upvote and comment :) 

Your reply