Answered

Office address synced with Azure/Entra AD to user profile

• 9 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

Dear community, 

We would love to sync the related office addresses to user profiles in Azure/Entra AD. Would there be a solution in which we don’t have to add address attributes to the user profiles in Personio? Could the integration take the addresses for each offices from Personio Settings → Offices?

How are you syncing the office adresses per profile?

icon

Best answer by International Support Team 25 August 2023, 15:58

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5

Hi @AnnV,

Thank your for your community question! I’m afraid I don’t fully understand your question. In Settings > Offices we don’t find the Personal Office addresses of each employee. The information that you find in Settings > Offices (in Personio Account) reflects on what each employee has assigned as Office in their Employee Profile in Personio.

In order to be synchronised the Office attribute, this attribute should be mapped in the Settings (marketplace). 

Once again thank you for your community question! Here you will find more information regarding: Azure Active Directory.

Best,

Sofia

Badge

Hi @AnnV,

Thank your for your community question! I’m afraid I don’t fully understand your question. In Settings > Offices we don’t find the Personal Office addresses of each employee. The information that you find in Settings > Offices (in Personio Account) reflects on what each employee has assigned as Office in their Employee Profile in Personio.

In order to be synchronised the Office attribute, this attribute should be mapped in the Settings (marketplace). 

Once again thank you for your community question! Here you will find more information regarding: Azure Active Directory.

Best,

Sofia

Hi Sofia,

Hopefully this explains better:

We want to sync work location (street, postal code, city, land) to each employee profile in Entra. But we don’t want to add this information to Personio for each employee separately, since this information is already available there via the office settings. 

Is there some way to get the office address synced?

Userlevel 5

Hi @AnnV,

You can choose to which attribute in Azure you want to map it. Only the actual value of Office will be transmitted. So if it says "Madrid", that's what is transmitted. Not the address details that is in Settings > Offices.
If you would like that, you would have to create new attributes for those details, and via the Employee List, fill those details in for many employees in bulk.

Step 1:
Go to Settings > Employee information > Add attribute.

Step 2: 
Employees > Employee list > Select the relevant employees > Edit profile > Actions > Select relevant new attribute > New value. 

I hope this helps! Here you will find more information regarding: Create custom sections and attributes.

Hope you have a lovely day.

Best,

Sofia

Your reply