Answered

Okta Integration: Profile field not synced to Okta

• 20 October 2022
  • 2 replies

Hej Personio team,

I'm a big fan of your product, it makes life of our People and IT teams so easy, especially because it allows us to connect the two main identity silos we have: HR and IT.
This is why it's important that the sync from personio to okta works well.

In a case we have now, a new employee who was created in okta through the personio integration didn't have his profile fields updated. Specifically the title field was not updated.

According to the okta integration support article (https://support.personio.de/hc/en-us/articles/4408147766289-Okta) a task to update the user in Okta will be triggered once an attribute in personio was changed in the user profile.

Our People team changed something in the user's profile, but an update job was not triggered.
Would be great to have someone to debug this behaviour with be.

I'd also like to know more about the specifics behind the sync process, for example when will the sync be executed? What's the normal time frame when we can expect the profile in Okta match the profile in Personio?

I'd love to be part of the further development of the Personio->Okta integration, we have many ideas and would love to build the best HR&IT integration that the world has ever seen.

icon

Best answer by Andrea 24 October 2022, 11:20

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Dear @CptChaos,

Welcome to the Personio Community, we are thrilled to see you here šŸŽŠ šŸ„³. I am very happy to read that Personio makes you and your teamā€™s work easier, this is music to our ears!

We are happy to support you with your inquiry regarding the Okta Integration. First, please make sure that theĀ attributeĀ that is not being updated in Okta, is included in the settings of the corresponding APIĀ credentials, You can check this out inĀ settings > integrations > API credentials:

If theĀ attributeĀ which is not being updatedĀ is selected, thenĀ I would suggest you to contact my colleagues for the support team via Find Answers.Ā  My colleagues will be able to log in into your account and check the settings together with you. Be aware that only Contract and Account owners can contact our support team. In case you are not registered as such, please contact your colleagues in the role, or add this information. You can find out how here.

I will clarify your questions about the timeframe for the sync between Personio and Okta internally and will answer in this threadĀ as soon as I have more information about this for you.Ā 

Regarding the improvements you would propose about the integration between Okta and Personio: Our product team is searching for this kind of feedback and offering appointments with them to give your feedback. We have triggered the following In-App notification for you to sign up for these interviews:

Please let me know if you have any further question about this topic.Ā 

Greetings from Munich!

Best,

Andrea

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Dear @CptChaos,

According to our product team, changes in your Personio employee profiles should be visible in Okta after around 30 min.Ā 

I hope this information is helpful!

I wish you a lovely day.

Best,

Andrea.

P.S.Ā If you have any questions about Personio or ideas to share with the Community, feel free toĀ create a new topicĀ anytime. We are always listening šŸ˜Š.

Your reply