Answered

Onboarding Workflow - Email - Dynamic Field

• 26 September 2022
  • 6 replies

Hi everyone,

we included a custom field for our employees in an email which is sent out as part of the onboarding workflow. This custom field is “first working day” because the first working day for a new hire is not necessarily the first day of the employment contract (e.g. contract starts Oct, 1st, 2022, first working day is Oct, 4th, 2022 because of the weekend and holiday).

Now we activated the onboarding flow, the email was sent to the new hire but the place holder in the email for “first day” is empty.

What went wrong?

Thanks for any ideas on how to solve this! 🙏🏽

Cheers, Chantal

icon

Best answer by Andrea 29 September 2022, 16:54

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Dear @Chantal,

Welcome to the Personio Community, we are thrilled to see you here 🎊 🥳. I am happy to support you with this inquiry. 

There are two reasons why the information of the mentioned placeholder might not be shown in your Onboarding template:

1. The placeholder information for Onboarding Steps is based on the History of your employees’ profiles. If a certain attribute was filled in or is scheduled for a date after the date you assigned the Onboarding Template to that employee, the information of that attribute will not be shown through the placeholder. You can check the date for the attribute first working day under Employee profile > History > Detailed view > First Working day. You can then change the application date of the attribute by clicking in the little pencil symbol next to the value. For more details about your employees’ history, please visit our help center: The Employee History.
  2. Another reason might be the set-up of the placeholder in the onboarding settings. You can try erasing and adding the placeholder again under Settings > Workflows > On/- Offboarding > Onboarding steps. Make sure to add the attribute from the option list Insert variable into email:
Settings > Workflows > On/- Offboarding > Onboarding steps

Please let me know if you could solve the issue with this information, or if you need further assistance from my side.

I wish you a lovely afternoon 🌟.

Best,

Andrea

P.S. Have you checked out our customer events in October? HUG, Live User Group Meetings, Product Updates and many more 🥂. Check the details and register 👉🏼 here.

Hi @Andrea !

Thanks a million!

Indeed the “first day” information was not properly saved before activating the onboarding template. Now it works just fine.

Unfortunately now there is another issue:

I created an automated email in the workflow to the supervisor. The supervisor did not receive this email.

Are those emails still send out even if the due date is already in the past?

Cheers,

Chantal

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Chantal!

Great to hear the first inquiry was solved 🤗.

I tested the process for onboarding emails in my trial account, and it seems that emails that are scheduled to be sent automatically are not sent if the due date lays in the past. In this case, you can send the email manually in the onboarding tab of the respective employee. 

Please don’t hesitate on contacting me again for any further question you might have!

Have a lovely afternoon 🍂.

Best,

Andrea

Thanks a lot, @Andrea !

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Chantal,

I have a new update about this topic. The manager I tested with received today the email notification to undertake the To do for Onboarding. This means that if the due date for the onboarding email is in the past, the email is sent to the supervisor, but on the next day and not on the moment you assign the task. Was this the case for you too? If not, we can research further 😊.

Best,

Andrea

Hi @Andrea !

Yes, actually when I tested it myself with a test user, it was sent a couple of hours later.

I still have to catch up with the “real” supervisor if this was the case for her, too.

I will keep you posted. Thanks a lot for your support!

Cheers,

Chantal

Your reply