Answered

Pre-Onboarding

• 1 December 2021
  • 7 replies

Hi all, 

regarding the onboarding I wanted to ask if it’s possible to use Personio also for pre-onboarding? It would be great to give future employees access to certain materials & resources before their official start date. I understand that this would require them to have access to their work email addresses beforehand but I thought there might be a way from your side to facilitate this? 

thanks! 

Best

Magdalena 

icon

Best answer by Marc 3 December 2021, 11:31

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello @Magdalena ,

sure, you can do that.

In the onboarding feature, you can already create tasks with a due date before the hire date.

If the future employee doesn't have access to the company email address yet, you can use the private email address instead. Simply enter it in the employee profile and send the Personio invitation. The future employee can then log into Personio before they even start. After that, the email address can simply be changed to the company email address when the employee starts, the password will remain the same. Please note that this only works if you are not using a single sign-on login (like Google SSO). If an SSO option is enabled, you will only be able to log in with a company email address.

If you have any questions about this, feel free to ask me. I'll be more than happy to help. 

Best wishes
Marc

Badge

Hi Marc,

I have the same question as Magdalena except we are using the Google SSO. Has there been any developments to working around this to allow the new hires to have access before their work email is set up with SSO?

Best,

Amber

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @AmbeRRR_PC,

currently, there is no change planned for Google SSO in regard to this.

If you want, you can create an idea in the Ideation area of the Community on this topic, so it would get visible to our Product Team and others can upote your suggestion.

You can find a how-to-article on that here:

Best wishes
Marc

Badge

Thanks for getting back to me Marc.

Wil do.

Appreciative,

Amber

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Marc,

I am also interested in pre-onboarding with Personio and setup all the tasks already. The only thing I am wondering about is how could I make the employee confirm, that the date they entered are correct and save this confirmation, so that I can appeal to it if necessary? Is it something I can setup in Personio as well?

Thank you!

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @Svetlana,

you can add an item Checkbox to the Onboarding step and make it required to make sure the new hire confirmed the correctness of the data:

This will be tracked in the Onboarding.

Does this already help?

Best wishes
Marc

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Marc ,

That’s perfect, thank you!

Your reply