Answered

Pre-onboarding with private emails not able to login

• 19 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi there,

First of all I would like to thank you the support I get from here because they are always very helpful. 

So we have this issue when we invite new employees to Personio, they have the error message saying "Could not find employee for Google login". We have set up a profile and invited the person via their private email (the email is hotmail). What would be the reason for that and how can we prevent this? It is the first time we experience this issue. Thank you.

Regards,
Kaki

icon

Best answer by Marc 20 October 2022, 13:49

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @kakiyau,

Love to see that you really appreciated the feedback and support of the Community! ❤️

If I get it correctly, you have enabled Google Single-Sign-On, is that right?

When enabled, you can only log in with an email that is synced to your Google Workspace (which is probably your company email address). So, a login with a private account won’t work here. 

Is this the case?

Best wishes,
Marc

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Marc,

We have enabled Google Single-Sign-On but we have successfully invite new joiners with their private emails before but they are all with Gmails, does it mean any private email that is not Google will not work (in this case the person is using Hotmail.)? Thank you.

Regards,
Kaki

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello @kakiyau,

yes exactly. Google Auth is an option for companies using email with Google Workspace. It provides an easy and secure way to log in instead of using a password.
This method also works with private Google accounts. As long as the Google email address in the employee profile matches the Google account email, employees can log in.

So, in summary, if Google Auth is enabled, it is only possible to log in with Google-related accounts. Users with emails from other providers like Hotmail will not be able to log in. 

Hope this helps.

Have a nice day!
Marc

Is there a workaround or do all future employees need to be asked to create a personal google mail account in order to take part in pre-boarding activities because we have opted for SSO?

Your reply