Answered

Show absence in MS Teams/Outlook before it starts

• 24 March 2023
  • 7 replies

Hello,

Is it possible to show absences in MS Office apps, like MS Teams some days ago before they actually start?

Got the Personio/Teams integration but it only shows the current data.

Thanks

Viesturs

icon

Best answer by ConorCunningham 30 March 2023, 15:11

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Dear @viesturs , 

Welcome to the Personio Community, we are thrilled to see you here 🎊 🥳. I am happy to support you with your inquiry.

As mentioned in our helpcenter article on Microsoft Teams, the daily update will only show who is absent today and when they will return to work. Unfortunately it will not show the absences a few days in advance, however I would kindly ask that you input this feedback into our Ideation Area

If you have any other questions, I will be happy to answer them.

Best,

Conor

Hello @ConorCunningham 

Thanks for the reply! Yeah, I noticed that. In Personio I can see who will have absences, but not in some integrations. Maybe you know a workaround? Like could I put all absences through Personio API and then display them, has nobody really has had this idea of seeing absences in advance not only in Personio?

Thank you!

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hey @viesturs 

Checking on this for you with our internal teams and I will reply back soon once I have more information.

Best,

Conor

Thanks @ConorCunningham 

Like the final idea would be to show the absence in MS Teams contact card directly, data for sure needs to be taken from Personio.

Viesturs

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hey @viesturs 

Thank you for your patience 😀

I reached out to the internal team and they recommended setting up the Calendar Integration to pull absences from Personio to your Calendar, without having to log in every time.

To do this you could pull a iCal link from your Personio calendar and then integrate it into your personal calendar. This way all the future absences would now be easily accessible from here going forward.

To set this up, please use our guide on how to Export the Personio Calendar via an iCal link.

This would be our best recommendation as the team also mentioned that while there are integrations that pull future absences, the other features within these may not be relevant. So you would be using them just for absences. 

Please let me know if you have any difficulty setting this up.

Best,

Conor

Thanks a lot @ConorCunningham 

Will play around with it

Viesturs

Badge

Hey @ConorCunningham,

Is there a way around pulling in requested absences into the calendar (pre-authorisation)? Either into the global calendar or through the integration into Outlook/Teams?

Thanks
Leigh-Ann

Your reply