Answered

Sync Users to Azure AD before startdate

• 14 April 2023
  • 5 replies

Is it possible to sync the user to Azure AD if the user is in the status “onboarding”? The user should be created before the first day of work to send invites etc.

thanks!

icon

Best answer by ConorCunningham 18 April 2023, 17:36

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hey @schlitten 

Yes this should be no problem, I will outline the process below of how our Azure AD integration works:

This workflow activates as soon as the integration is set up. If a customer created users in Azure AD corresponding to their employees in Personio, the integration will try to pass the respective Personio employee IDs to the Azure AD user profiles by mapping the UPN attribute in Azure AD to the Email attribute in Personio:

• If there is a match, the respective Personio employee ID is written in the employee ID attribute field in Azure AD. This user will now be taken into account for the user updating and the user deprovisioning workflows.

• If there is no match, the user provisioning workflow activates

Please note - The integration only tries to link Azure AD profiles that are not inactive.

Please let me know if you require any other information or if you run into any troubles with this.

Have a nice start to your week ☘️

Best,

Conor

What you describe is a initial step after setting up the connection. However, after that only user that are in the status active are synced. Inactive users are not synced. Any fix or setting?

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hey @schlitten 

Ah perfect, thanks for providing me with this information.

I am afraid that if the users are inactive on the Azure AD side, then Personio cannot sync this. It is a limitation on this integration and therefore cannot be fixed. You can of course pass this feedback onto our Product Team as a feature insight via our Ideation Area

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Best,

Conor

I mean the other way around. User is created in Personio (status inactive or onboarding) and not in azure ad. It seems like the user is not synced to azure AD if the user is inactive in Personio?!

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hey @schlitten 

I reached out to our Technical team for clarification and the user will not be synced if they are in an inactive status unfortunately. However they will sync if they are in the status Active or Onboarding. There is no workaround that will allow for the inactive users to be synced I’m afraid.

I hope this clears up any confusion.

Best,

Conor

Your reply