Answered

Unable to Add Team when Creating New Employees via API

I’m developing an API integration with Personio and when trying to create a new Employee record, I’m unable to pass a value for team. I’m using ‘team’ as the field identifier but the value does not pass through. Should we be able to pass team? Is there another identifier we should be using?

icon

Best answer by Andreas Görthofer 2 March 2023, 17:04

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hello @jappleton101,

as “team” is a system attribute with a unique ID - which is the name of the attribute “team” - you actually should be able to pass the value.

I would like to ask you to open a support request via Find Answers as we might have to look deeper into this issue.

This can be done by an Account Owner in Personio navigating to Help > Support and Updates > Find Answers as seen below:

LLmO9c3tHsyr6Yx4Y5Pktj15Fc6mXJx45Xj6L5r5v8CL1sk5_cc8XJspAVlND3x8IGnP_ZkBT7yyZAut5BKn0i-Ej4mDytA2qesqKxsaF9RS4EltB5hLvSG-JeEDRtk75tErXjjEl5cqSocZjMe5Y3j2Zb11UFbWTzGNeYOI3aOjfsX9SqEj3DABgw

After clicking through the “paths”, you can request support and our support team is able to investigate further.

Check the link below for more details:

👉The Find Answers Section

Thank you very much and have a great day!

Best regards

Andreas

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hello there @jappleton101 ,

it’s me again. After further internal researching regarding your described behaviour, I have to correct myself:

It is unfortunately not possible at the moment to transfer the system attribute “team” in the POST API Call.

When using a GET request, this is totally fine, but not for creating employee profiles.

It would be great if you publish this suggestion for improvement in our Ideation section. This way, other users can upvote your idea and the suggestion will be forwarded to our product team.

To help us understand your idea, you can use the following questions as a guideline:
- What exactly do you want to manage in Personio? What issue do you want to solve?
- Why? What would be the additional benefit for you?
- How do you solve the issue at the moment?

The more details, the better! However, remember not to publish any personal or business information in the community.
Thank you in advance for sharing your ideas with us. And I am very sorry for my wrong assumption in the first post. Please get back to me if you have any further questions on this topic.

Best regards

Andreas

Thank you @Andreas Görthofer I really appreciate the response. Can you also confirm if it’s possible to write to the Employment Type field?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hello there @jappleton101,

unfortunately, this is also one of the system attributes which are not being transferred when creating an employee.

Here is a list with the attributes with examples which are allowed:

"employee": {
"email": "john.dou@demo.com",
"first_name": "John",
"last_name": "Dou",
"gender": "male",
"position": "developer",
"subcompany": "ITTT",
"department": "IT",
"office": "Munich",
"hire_date": "2023-03-01",
"weekly_working_hours": 40,