Answered

Unable to locate field when creating new employees via API

• 21 February 2024
  • 3 replies

I’m working on an API integration with Personio where we are creating a new employee.

Within the integration, I am trying to locate the field “Fixed Salary” from Personio. I see it in Personio, and in the custom attributes I see many of the fields available, but not “Fixed Salary”.

Is this field not available on the API? and is there any reference to the fields not available on the API?

icon

Best answer by International Support Team 29 February 2024, 11:50

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5

Hi @gabe.thomas513,

Have you enable the specific Attribute in Personio? You can enable the specific Attributes that can be transferred under Settings > API Credentials. There you can search for Fixed salary and click the box.
You can find more information about creating API Credentials in the following Help Center article: How to Generate and Manage API Credentials for Personnel Data.

Besides that, you have more information about the fields not available on the API in the Developer Hub.

Please let me know if I didn’t address your question here and I’ll dig in more! 😃

Wishing you a lovely evening! 🙌🏼

Best,

Zulema

Hi Zuelma,

Thanks for answering! I’ve gone ahead and done that, but it seems we are unable to write to the “Fixed Salary” field via the API. Can you confirm?

Userlevel 5

Hi @gabe.thomas513,

The Fixed salary field is available as a readable employee attribute when creating/editing API credentials. You can pull this Attribute via our employees endpoint. Unfortunately, currently, for POST and PATCH requests for employee data, we list in the body example which attributes are available. All others are not (example), and for Fixed salary this applied. 

I hope this is clearer now! 😃 Please let me know if you have further questions!

Have a great day ahead! 🙌🏼

Best,

Zulema

Your reply