Answered

Zapier & Personio - Not all fields are mapped correctly and others are combine

• 14 February 2024
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I am currently implementing a zap between Personio and Webflow everytime a new job offer is posted. Everything seems to be work well except for the fields that Zapier detects.

In the image attached below we can see how ‘Ubicacion principal’ and ‘otras ubicaciones’ are two different fields. However, Zapier retrieves the two fields as one. In the second screenshot you can see how it is combined. Same thing happens in the job description. All my descriptions are mapped as just one major one ‘Description’.

It should be (Your Tasks, Your Profile, About us and Keywords). 

From these four fields the only one that is mapped separately is keywords. 

Then ‘Tipo de puesto de trabajo’ and ‘Ocupacion’ does not appear at all. Seems like zapier can’t find these fields. 

icon

Best answer by David Gurr 15 February 2024, 10:50

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

While Zapier is easy to start using, it often over-simplifies things and makes details hard (or impossible) to access.

Make works in a similar way to Zapier but allows far more detailed and extensive automations, with full access to all the fields exposed by the API. 

There’s a free version available which is great for testing or low-volume use-cases.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi David,

Thank you for the reply. I have created the same scenario from Zapier in Make. While in Zapier, the zap would work and create CMS items in Webflow, Make does not finish the task. I’m curious why that on Zapier I had to add my Personio API details while in Make I just have to add the domain. I’m assuming Make scraps the data from the company domain? Perhaps I’m not using the correct link. (I’m using the main one: which is mycompany.personio.de). 

Have you created a similar workflow? 

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi Rito.

While my comments on Zapier are valid in general, in this case I think the issue might be down to Personio’s API.

I’m assuming you’re using just the Personio Watch Positions module in Make? That simply extracts data from your site.jobs.personio.de page via the XML feed, no authentication needed. I’m guessing that Zapier does the same, but asks for your authentication details as well even though they’re not needed.

The Personio XML feed doesn’t provide “other location” or “About us”. Open up the “An example response” section in the page linked above for details on the available fields.

There doesn’t seem to be any other mechanism in the Personio API for extracting published job offers - only via the web page.

As for why the Make scenario doesn’t complete - the Watch Positions module by default will return data that’s new since the last time it checked. So if you’ve run it once, it won’t return new data unless there’s a new job posting.

You can change that temporarily by right-clicking on the module and selecting Choose where to start.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you again for the quick reply David.

Yes, I’m using the watch positions. 

I’ve changed the url to: mycompany.jobs.https://umbrella.jobs.personio.com

It seems like Webflow is now receiving the data and creating items. 

Although everything seems to work fine, the job description is an array and Make does not retrieve the info of each field. in this case, job tasks, profile and about us. It is shown as three different collections and its sending the data to Webflow as [Collection], [Collection], [Collection].

Have you experienced this? 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

To decompose an array in Make, you need to use the Iterator module.

If you need to provide the contents of that array in a different format to another module, you’d use the Array Aggregator module.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Feels like a newbie but after adding the iterator it does not finish the task. Before adding it, I would get green checks on both Personio and Webflow but now after the iterator it just shows green for Personio and I no longer receive the items on Webflow.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi Rito. If you can provide screenshots of your scenario and the configuration of each module that will help understand the details. 

You might want to post in the Make Community instead as it’s more directly related to Make than Personio at this point!

Userlevel 1
Badge

You’re right, I’ll post on the Make community. Thank you for the help!

Have a wonderful day :)

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi Rito. Did you manage to solve your problem?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi David,

Unfortunately, I got stuck developing my make scenario. Its a work in progress tho :) 

thank you for asking!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

If you need help with Make, the Make Community is the place to go

Userlevel 1
Badge

Will give it a go, thanks :)

Userlevel 5

Hi @Rito,

I hope you could make this works! 😃 Thanks @David Gurr for providing all this information, really helpful! 👏🏼 That’s a great collaboration!

As David mentioned, if you need further support from Personio perspective, please let us know! Maybe you can provide any screenshot or more details related to it. 

Wishing you a lovely day ahead! 🙌🏼

Best,

Zulema

Your reply