Answered

Creating a placeholder for 2 different companies

• 24 April 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi Team Personio

We currently have a company and a subcompany under our Personio platform and to reduce the number of templates we created for each company, we would like to have 1 set of templates for both companies but have a placeholder in place to recognize the different companies. Is it possible to create a custom placeholder to identify 2 different companies? thank you 

icon

Best answer by International Support Team 25 April 2023, 12:19

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5

Hi @Gloria Lam

This would depend on the functionality you would like from these Placeholders, if you would just like for it to display the Subcompany name then you can use the Predefined system placeholders “{{subcompany}}” and it will show the relevant Subcompany assigned to the employee the document is being created for. 

If you would like to pick the Subcompany not in relation to the one on the employee profile then I would recommend using a Free placeholder. These Placeholders are not linked to Attributes and therefore have no naming requirements and can be named as you wish e.g {{InputSubcompany}}. Please note you will have to manually fill in these placeholders with text when creating each document. Please see this article below for some more information:

👉🏼Create Document Templates – Placeholders

If you would like for it to be able to have additional functionality such as changing the information or imagery in the document between the two Subcompanies then I would like to encourage you to post this suggestion of improvement in our ideation area where our product team are able to review ideas for new functionality. They can then potentially include them in future updates to the softwares functionality. 

In order for us to fully understand your idea, I have included a couple of questions that your description should clarify when posting in the ideation area: 

• What would you like to achieve with Personio?  What issue do you need to solve?

• Why? What would be the added value for you? 

• How are you solving it right now? 

The more details, the better! However, remember not to share any personal or business data with the public.

Make sure to add the link to the idea in this thread, so that other users that find your question can upvote it showing the demand for this functionality! 

Thank you in advance for sharing your ideas with us and I hope you have a lovely day 🙌🏽

All the best, 

Erica

Your reply