Answered

šŸ¤“ FAQ: Why can't a department or team be deleted?

• 2 December 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16
  • Former Community Admin
  • 1125 replies

Dear Community,

I welcome you to this weekā€™s FAQ!

Users often encounter the situation in which they would like to erase aĀ departmentĀ orĀ team,Ā but they are not able to do so. This happens, even though the system states thatĀ no employees are assigned to theĀ department/team:

Settings > Company > Departments

Do you have any hint or do you know the answer to this question?

ā“Ā Why can't a department or team be deleted?

We would love to hear from you!

P.S. This post is related to our FAQ Community Quiz. You can find more details about it here:

Ā 

icon

Best answer by Andrea 18 January 2023, 17:01

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Dear @Wendy, @Kasey Shen, @lsmith, @Terhi, @Azury_JO,

You have been our most active members this week. Thank you for participating in the Personio Community šŸ„³.

We are sharing some frequently asked questions as a quiz, to get you motivated to not only post your questions, but also to answerĀ questions and supportĀ other members.

I would love to know if you have any hint about the FAQ above šŸ˜€. Feel free to share any idea you have to solve this question.

I wish you all a lovely weekend.

Best,

Andrea

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

In this case,Ā TeamsĀ andĀ DepartmentsĀ cannot be deleted, because employees with theĀ status inactiveĀ are still assigned to them. In order to solve this, in theĀ employee listĀ the columnsĀ status, team, andĀ departmentĀ can be added. Furthermore, inactive employees can be displayed by setting theĀ statusĀ filter correspondingly, and the information regarding theĀ departmentĀ orĀ teamĀ can be removed or edited. This way, no employee will be assigned to theĀ departmentĀ orĀ team anymore, andĀ it will be possible to delete it.

Visit our help center to learn more about the functionalities of theĀ employee list:

Best,

Andrea

Ā 

Your reply