Getting your company excited to start using Personio

• 13 July 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi everyone!

I’m fairly new to the world of HR, and just finished implementing Personio! Was wondering if anyone had any tips to share with me regarding introducing Personio to their fellow employees?

I have all the resources from Personio, such as this article: https://support.personio.de/hc/en-us/articles/209984985 but I’m more wondering about what people have done (the messaging or announcements) to get everyone behind adopting a new system.

In my past experience, people are quite resistant to change, unless you can package it in a way that they feel like it will benefit them, so I’m curious to how everyone else has done it. I only get one chance to introduce this system / get everyone on board, and I’d like for the transition to go smoothly!

Any tips are welcome!

Thanks!

Chantal

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Dearest @CDShutters,

Welcome to the Personio Community, we are thrilled to see you here 🎊 🥳

I am happy to give you some helpful input regarding how to introduce Personio to your team!

• First of all find attached a manual with the most relevant functionalities for non HR-Managers

• You can also share the following short and funny videos showing how Personio makes employees’ and HR Managers’ lives easier:

Our awesome users @Emma Tcheng@Wendy@marielle.van.wieringen@Sanja might also want to share their experiences with you: How did you introduce Personio to your colleagues and highlighted the benefits that the tool offers to them?

Any tip you can give us is very helpful 🌟

Looking forward to following this thread!

Greetings from sunny Munich ☀️

Andrea

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi Chantal,

At first - great that you're starting with Personio!

If you want to change something in a company, it is indeed crucial to get (almost) everyone on board. If you want to change anything in an organisation, you should really take time before you start to implement of introduce a new system.

Before beginning the search in a HR system/ ATS programme, I've gathered from my HR collegues, managers and the employee respresentives what they would like to see in the change for HR administratives and ATS. 

We noticed that, because they have a say in what the change would look like, they would be more willing to be able to change. When I've gathered all the information, I've sent out a message to all employees in the change we would like to emplement, and emphasized who we have included and what the main issues are that people would like to see change. Then we would invite all the employees to react on this message if they have anything that they would like to include. You could also organise a webinar for all your employees on this topic.

After some research - I found Personio to be the system that could tick almost all the boxes. I've contacted the managers, HR colleagues and employee representives again to give my personal presenation of Personio and what it could offer. After some questions I emailed the entire organisation again, to let all the employees know that the change was coming. And I asked the managers to get the conversation about Personio going in there teams and what was going to change and how it would effect the employees. 

After the commitment of the key players, I've set out an implementation plan. Then I've organised a webinar about Personio for the entire company. I did this with a HR colleague. Employees were now able to ask all there questions and I could let them know when the implementation would take place and at which moment they should be able to use Personio. 

Most of all - take the time before you start implementing. If you take time the change would go more smoothly and you will have less questions afterward. 

Good luck!

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Dear @Wendy,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us 🤩 It is amazing to see users helping each other out!

I am sure these details helped Chantal out on how to introduce Personio to her fellow employees.

@CDShutters do you have any other question we can help you with? Any further details you might wish Wendy or other members from the community to let you know about?

Don’t hesitate on adding anything in this thread. We are listening!

Best,

Andrea 🌟

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hello @CDShutters!

Let us know how your experience was, while introducing Personio to your colleagues! We would love to hear any best practices or tips you might want to share with the community 😊. Of course, you can as well count on us for any further question you might want to clarify.  So if you have any questions about Personio or ideas to share with the Community, feel free to create a new topic anytime. We are always listening 👂🏼.

I wish you a lovely afternoon.

Greetings from sunny Munich,

Andrea

Userlevel 1

Hi Chantal,

At first - great that you're starting with Personio!

If you want to change something in a company, it is indeed crucial to get (almost) everyone on board. If you want to change anything in an organisation, you should really take time before you start to implement of introduce a new system.

Before beginning the search in a HR system/ ATS programme, I've gathered from my HR collegues, managers and the employee respresentives what they would like to see in the change for HR administratives and ATS. 

We noticed that, because they have a say in what the change would look like, they would be more willing to be able to change. When I've gathered all the information, I've sent out a message to all employees in the change we would like to emplement, and emphasized who we have included and what the main issues are that people would like to see change. Then we would invite all the employees to react on this message if they have anything that they would like to include. You could also organise a webinar for all your employees on this topic.

After some research - I found Personio to be the system that could tick almost all the boxes. I've contacted the managers, HR colleagues and employee representives again to give my personal presenation of Personio and what it could offer. After some questions I emailed the entire organisation again, to let all the employees know that the change was coming. And I asked the managers to get the conversation about Personio going in there teams and what was going to change and how it would effect the employees. 

After the commitment of the key players, I've set out an implementation plan. Then I've organised a webinar about Personio for the entire company. I did this with a HR colleague. Employees were now able to ask all there questions and I could let them know when the implementation would take place and at which moment they should be able to use Personio. 

Most of all - take the time before you start implementing. If you take time the change would go more smoothly and you will have less questions afterward. 

Good luck!

Hi Wendy! 

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond, its super helpful!

I have updated and brought on board all the key members and managers, and now have scheduled a global call next week with all team members to update everyone on our company goals (amongst which HR goals), and then introduce Personio as a tool on how to reach these goals.
Then the plan is to set out an implementation plan to get everyone on board! 

Thanks again so much! 

Chantal

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi there,

It’s an older discussion but I just thought I’d jump in, in case somebody else stumbles across this post.

There are news!

We are excited to share our brand new course Launch Personio in your organizationThis course, brought to you by Personio Voyager Academy, will help our customers learn change management best practices for launching Personio.

This course is ideal for:

• Personio admins who want to go beyond account configuration.

• People professionals and project leads in charge of the overall Personio implementation process.

The course covers holistic approaches for a successful launch within your organization, including how to:

• Define goals and success of the launch  

• Create a holistic communication plan

• Launch a pilot test 

• Build a training and enablement plan

• Track success and reinforce change

Sounds interesting? Check out the course: Launch Personio in your organization

Best,
Daniele

Your reply