Answered

Partial or phased retirement (Altersteilzeit)

• 15 May 2024
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

We have an employee who is currently in phased retirement with a block model setup, i.e. first phase full time work at half salary, second phase no active work at half salary.  I am looking for recommendations on how to map this in Personio.

I am assuming the following:  a) During the active phase just change the salary and (of there is a change) the working hours.  b)  During the passive phase (non-active but still an employee on payroll) remove the working hours and vacation allowance and leave the salary payment active.

I am unsure about this so if anyone has a suggestion I would be really thankful.

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Have a great day,

Linda

🌼

icon

Best answer by International Support Team 20 May 2024, 11:14

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6

Hi @Linda,

That is right, for the first phase you will need to reduce the employee’s salary to 50%. To do this, go to the employee’s Salary tab, click Manage > Edit/Add salary. Enter the new Weekly Hours and click Save.

You can then edit the employee’s work schedule or create a new part-time work schedule via Settings > Attendance.

For the second phase, you will need to keep the employee’s profile Active to continue their salary payments. I would recommend creating a new absence type called “Phased retirement” to apply to the employee’s account for that time period.

You will find further helpful information in the following Help Center articles:

Thanks for your query and should you have any further questions, please let me know! 😀

Best,

Steve

Your reply