UK dedicated community Group

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

This is a ‘call out’ to others based in the various UK nations and across Ireland.

Having had a really constructive conversation with Personio I am keen to establish an active group of community members with a focus on UK+IE.

The topics are intended to cover all aspects of HR/People - but with a narrower scope.
Anyone is welcome to join and look forward to meeting/engaging with you.

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

@SalC and @icovacel - proposed UK+IE Community Group

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Sounds great.  Is it worth creating a Slack channel for us?  I keep thinking it would be easier to respond but I’m happy to go with the flow.  @Dorota - what do you think?

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Sounds great.  Is it worth creating a Slack channel for us?  I keep thinking it would be easier to respond but I’m happy to go with the flow.  @Dorota - what do you think?

I used to use Slack (previous employer) but we are now exclusively on Google worksuite.
I need to check, but there is the feature to create a Google Space (chat) which can be accessed by people outside of my work… Happy with option?

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Having dedicated group is a brilliant idea <3 

I’ so excited to see the support that we will bring to each other :)))))

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

@Daniele - seems are instantly interested - if you did want to share a Beta.

Alternative is to take it off-platform, I can see the benefits of being on or off platform.

Let me know how easy/quickly an on-platform group can be created.
Unlike the Netherlands/Spain the UK+IE group is a ‘General’ group and should not be categorised as ‘Performance & Development’

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

@Daniele - just in addition to the above, cc @rebecca.ryan 
If between the community admins/mods + the Personio CSMs (Growth Manager) it would be great if you could share/link people to this discussion topic.

I imagine that if people saw the topic then we’d be better able to gauge interest.

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi @JHBEM, I love this proactive approach - this is what community is about.
It’s great to hea@SalC and @Dorota are also on board!

I’m very happy for us to establish a dedicated group on this Community, together. We can start simple and then bounce off some ideas on how to involve more UK+IE-based members into this, in order to make it is as valuable as possible.

I am out sick at the moment but I will get back in touch with you about this as soon as I am back.
Now it’s time to rest recover :)

All the best,
Daniele

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Let me know how easy/quickly an on-platform group can be created.

The creation of the Group itself is fairly easy and requires very little effort/time on my side. What we can think about then, is how to populate it with members & interesting content. Again, it’s good to start small and later scale it up :)

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

@Daniele - hope you are back to your best soon.

I am a ‘night-owl’ and that’s when I find ideas come to my head.

There is a weekly and all-time leaderboard. I would propose that the UK+IE group could have its own ‘group’ leaderboard for monthly and year. You can give a badge for the top 10 each calendar year.

I would ditch the all-time category - can explain the EI reasons.

You could, alternatively, create regional leaderboards on the main community page - using the ‘country’ field and making it mandatory (rather than optional).

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

This group can be UK+IE, but it should have underneath it immediate sub-groups for each more local area:

• Whole UK (to cover all UK-wide issues),
  • Local sub-groups: Scotland, Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Wales, England (to cover local issues)

From that then when the invite goes out to all Personio Community users people who are based in these countries or have operations in these countries can join the 'Main - UK+IE' group and immediately then 'join' or introduce themselves into the sub-groups that are relevant to them.

Some will need to join them all, I suspect most will only need to join 'England'

Your reply