Answered

Unique email address error

• 18 July 2023
  • 1 reply

Hello,

I’m trying to update an employee’s profile, but when trying to save the information I get the following message “Add a unique email address -- this one already belongs to another person.” even though there’s no other employee with the same email address.

The email currently in the profile has a blank space at the end which I believe is influencing this, but I get this error either when saving with the space or when trying to remove it.

Is there a way to avoid this or have this fixed? There are many data points we want to update but we can’t do anything as this error keeps showing up.

Thanks for any help around this!

icon

Best answer by International Support Team 19 July 2023, 12:07

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5

Hey @monicasn17 

Welcome to the Personio Community, we are thrilled to see you here 🎊 🥳. I am happy to support you with your inquiry.

The first thing I would suggest to do is to copy the email address you are trying to enter and paste it into the search bar here. This will highlight whether this same email address is placed within another employee profile and which one it is.

If another employee is showing, please navigate to their profile and put in a dummy email address such as 12345@demo.com and save the changes. This should then allow you to update the other profile with the email address.

However, if it is not showing another employee profile and this is happening for multiple employees, then it may require a look at this issue from our support team. Account Owners can reach out via Find Answers and we will be happy to help you to a quick solution on this.

Best,

Conor

Your reply