Answered

Uploading documents and receiving a reminder for an "own" attribute (Original title: Special process for working students)

• 1 August 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello everybody,

I would like to implement special processes for our working students. I‘d like to have processes in Personio which remind and enable our working students to upload their proof of hours monthly and also their Certificate of enrollment each semester. Does anyone have an idea if/how this is possible?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Andrea 2 August 2022, 09:05

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Dear @Jonathan,

Welcome to the Community 🎉 I am very happy to see you around and to support you with this inquiry.

In order to remind your working students about these two topics, you can create two different Reminder-Workflows. On the moment, there is no option to create a Reminder for an own Attribute. Nevertheless, there is a solution for this, which I will explain step by step:

1. Reminders are only triggered for those Attributes for which employees have Access rightsTherefore, you need to first create a new Section (e.g., Reminders for own attributes) under Settings > People > Employee information. 

2. Next, you need to add the Attributes that will trigger the Reminder. The Attributes must be of the type Date for them to generate a Reminder (see screenshot below). Please visit this help center article for more details about steps 1 & 2. 

​​​​​​

1. On the next stepyou need to grant your employees only Access rights for their Own Section in which you created the Reminder attributes (Settings > People > Employee roles > Reminders). This way, they will only get a Reminder for their own Attribute. 
  1. Last, you need to create the reminder for these Attributes on the same settings (Employee roles), under Reminders. You can set this Reminder for the Role All employees for example, and only fill the attribute in your working students’ profile. This way, the Reminder only will be triggered for them. 

If you need more information about the Reminder Workflows, please visit the following help center article:

→ Create Reminder Workflows

I hope this information is helpful for you. Please let me know if you need any further support for this topic!

👉🏼 In case you haven’t done so yet: it would be lovely if you could take two minutes to say Hi and introduce yourself here: it’s a great way to get started in the Community & meet other HR Professionals!

If you have any questions about Personio or ideas to share with the Community, feel free to create a new topic anytime. We are always listening 😊

I wish you an amazing day ☀️.

Best,

Andrea

Userlevel 1

Dear @Andrea,

Thanks a lot for this very helpful answer. This definitely helped me a lot to solve this problem. But still, I have a couple of hurdles to overcome. I don‘t understand how I can set, that the working student is reminded every month. I only see the option that the reminder gets repeated every year. Is there a possibility to do this? In addition, is there an option that our working students can upload the proof/certificate after the reminder directly into Personio? If so, what do you recommend?

Thank you again a lot and I am very looking forward to your answer.

Best regards,

Jonathan

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Jonathan,

I am very glad to read that my explanation helped you out! 

In the case of monthly Reminders, I would recommend setting different Reminders for each month:

• 4 Weeks after the Hire date
  • 8 Weeks after the Hire date
  • And so on

I am aware, that this is a complicated set-up. Nevertheless, once you configure it, you don’t have to change or adapt it anymore if you add the functionality Repeat reminder workflow every year.

Does this information help? Let me know if you need further advice on this topic 😊.

Greetings from Munich,

Andrea 🌻

Userlevel 1

Hi @Andrea,

thanks again! Again a very useful advice. I‘m definitely gonna do it this way! But do you also know a possibility, how the working students can upload the certificate every month? I only know a function for onboarding where you can upload documents, but not for reminders or attributes.

Thank you very much again!

I wish you an amazing day and again I am very looking forward to your answer.

Best greetings from Frankfurt,

Jonathan

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Jonathan,

Sure thing, sorry I misread the second part of your question before. 

Working students will be able to upload documents to any Document Category for which they have at least Proposal Rights. If you already have a Document Category for the mentioned documents, you only need to grant them Proposal Rights under Settings > Employees > Access Rights > Documents. With Proposal rights, employees will be able to down- and upload documents to this Category. Otherwise, you can create a new Category under Settings > People > Documents and after grant them the Access rights for it.

Here are some helpful links with helpful details about these functionalities:

→ Access rights - Documents

Configuring Document Categories

Please let me know if there is any other question I can help you with 😊.

Have an amazing afternoon.

Best,

Andrea 🌻

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

@Jonathan We have created a dedicated section for attributes regarding working students that is only visible to working students and their supervisors. In that section we have created attributes like: “Certificate of immatriculation valid until”. We have then integrated the reminders in a special role for Working students.

Working students are allowed to upload to a specific document category and the can propose changes in the section “Working Students”. After they have uploaded a new certificate of enrollment they change the  date in the attribute “Certificate of immatriculation valid until” and the HR Manager gets an approval request for the change.

Obviously we are hoping that at some point also approval of documents would be possible, but for now this is working quite ok.

Best Friedrich

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Dear @Friedrich,

Thank you so much for sharing this information with us! We really love whenever users share best practices and workarounds, since this is the main goal of the community: supporting each other 🫱🏼‍🫲🏽 🙌🏽.

I am happy to award you with a workaround ninja badge 🤩🦸🏻‍♂️.

Please keep up being such a helpful member!

I wish you both an awesome weekend.

Greetings from Munich,

Andrea

Your reply