Answered

Can a director view the goals of any employee under them even if it is not his "direct report"

• 3 January 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi,

We have a Director who wants to be able to view the performance and Goals of employees that report to his direct reports. (So essentially anyone that is under him in the reporting structure). Currently I only see a way to set someone up to see only “direct reports” or “all”. Even the custom fields don’t seem to help. Is their a way to grant access so that someone can see anyone under them, but not peers, and not anyone above them?

icon

Best answer by ConorCunningham 19 January 2023, 14:32

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hey @lisaamoroso 

For the Performance data section you can choose to select the My reports option which will give your Director access to the Performance data of all employees who are directly or indirectly assigned to them.

Another option would be to use the Custom option to remove access to any employee you do not want the Director to view. In my example below I have used the filter Email Doest not equal ________.  This would ensure that they would not view any peers or anyone above them. 

For more information on this, I am providing you with our helpcenter article on How to use employee filters to give your employees custom access rights

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance. 

Best,

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hey @lisaamoroso,

I hope you are doing well, I wanted to update you on the most current information available in regards to our Goals feature.

The answer I provided above was based on our old Goals function, however with our new Goals feature what you asked above in relation is now automatically enabled. So going forward Supervisors will be able to view everyone below them in the org-chart. 

For more information on this, I am providing you with our helpcenter article on this topic below:

I am happy to assist you on any other questions you may have.

Best,

Conor

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

awesome. thanks.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Sorry to be a bother again...Will it be possible for this same hierarchy to apply to the “feedback” also? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hey @lisaamoroso 

At the moment, it isn’t possible to have the same hierarchy for feedback reviews. This is not to say that this wont change in future, so I would suggest keeping an eye out on our Product Updates via our newsletter here

Additionally, as previously mentioned I would also enter this idea into our Ideation Area to make sure our Product Team are aware of your feedback.

If I can help you with anything else, please let me know.

Best,

Conor

Badge +1

Hey @lisaamoroso 

At the moment, it isn’t possible to have the same hierarchy for feedback reviews. This is not to say that this wont change in future, so I would suggest keeping an eye out on our Product Updates via our newsletter here

Additionally, as previously mentioned I would also enter this idea into our Ideation Area to make sure our Product Team are aware of your feedback.

If I can help you with anything else, please let me know.

Best,

Conor

I’ve been told that there are no plans to change things because no one wants it - but we had this functionality (ie. employees can see each other’s Goals, per normal OKR tradition of transparency before, and it was removed. We have two choices now - either everyone can see AND edit each other’s GOALs, or no one can see each other’s GOALs (except for supervisors in the Org chart, which for us doesn’t align with project managers so isn’t helpful.)

I think people just haven't noticed and I’m not sure that Personio even realised that the new placing would affect their architecture in this way. 

Please may we have the GOALs Permissions functionality we originally purchased? 

From Daniel Boon, GOALs PM:

Goals Access Rights - allowing employees to view goals of their peers (without being able to edit them).

Unfortunately this is not something we're currently considering to enhance in the product at the moment. This indeed means that the only workaround available right now is to grant edit access rights to all employees for all goals. I'm sorry to disappoint you, as I know this is important in your organisation; however, the reason we're not considering this right now is because we haven't had this request from any other customers.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

I share Jenny’s ideation post here, in case any user reading this question and thread is interested in voting for it:

Cheers,

Andrea

Your reply