Answered

Customizing the course catalog. Remove "session" and include "COURSE" weblinks

• 21 February 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

For the "Performance & Development" function, under "TRAINING", there are 3 sub-categories:

• Course catalog
  • Planned courses
  • Training history

I just tested it out and realized that I need to create "sessions" for a training first before an employee can take a particular training.

To be honest, I didn't expect this to be the layout.

Is it possible to NOT have ongoing, active sessions there?

But rather, I want to use that "TRAINING" area as a learning RESOURCE with a list of topics and external courses that people can browse through, click on a link to a particular course, and sign up if they so wish to.

Would this be possible to do? Thank you for your help!

icon

Best answer by mruscito 23 February 2023, 13:38

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @trishlee !

For the way that you want to use this section of Personio, you have a couple of options. ⬇

1. You can create a training under Course catalog without adding any sessions, and simply add the links to your learning resources in the description of the training. 
    Training course with no sessions added

2. You can create a training and add future sessions in the case where you want an employee to complete a self-learning course over during a specific period. For example, you can add 1 session that lasts all of April, then add the link to the learning resource in the description of the session. You can also click on the toggle Allow employees to sign up. That way, you can keep track of who has signed up.
Training session that provides link to external resource, and also enables employees to sign up

Do you think that one of these 2 options could fit your needs? Please do let me know what you think!
You can also check out this relevant Helpcentre article:

Manage Training Courses and Sessions
Looking forward to hearing from you!
Megan

Your reply