Deleting feedback- really important!

• 2 March 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hello,

I’ve read in other post that there is no option for deleting a feedback given to employee, but it is really important to have this option.

Namely, before the new P&D module, we used the P&D tab for 1.1 meets with HR and we wrote different sensitive comments for each employee. Now all those comments are available to the employees and it is causing  us big trouble.

Please consider this as an option or give as some special permission to delete them as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Bojana

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hello @Bojana !

You’ve brought up an excellent point.

The P&D module that we launched in January has indeed changed the way that feedback is given and received. Employees will always be able to see the feedback provided about them in the Performance and Development section, and there is no way to customize this view. Please do share your suggestion for an optional deletion in Ideation, as there may be users out there who have the same needs!

For your purposes, you can actually use another section of Personio: the employee attributes⬇

You can create a custom section called Feedback and create an attribute with multi-line textfield that would allow you to submit comments and subsequently modify or delete them when you’re done.

Create a section & attribute via Settings > PEOPLE > Employee Information
The view of the section in the employee profile

With employee sections/attributes, you are also able to customize the view, propose and edit rights. If you are discussing sensitive information, then you can hide this section from the employee’s view and make it only available to employees with the role Supervisor, HR Manager, etc.

Access rights in the relevant employee role

I hope this helps, do let me know if you have any further questions on this!

Take care,

Megan

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Thank you Megan for the reply and the suggestion, but this doesn’t help my current situation.

Maybe there is some tech support in Personio that could meet our requirements and delete the feedback for one employee?

p.s. I will also open this as an Idea in the Community.

Thanks, 

Bojana

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @Bojana !

You can of course open a query via Find Answers to get in touch with our Customer Support Team, however they are strictly not allowed to make any changes to a customer’s account (even if it was possible to delete feedback). Our team is able to provide support & advice on how to use Personio, and in certain cases they can escalate an issue to our Product Team.

Do get in touch with us if you would like to discuss this particular case.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Megan

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @Bojana !

Me again 😉
Just to clarify, you are using the Feedback tab and not our review cycle function for these 1:1 meetings with HR, correct?

Megan

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @mruscito , we were using the forms from the old Performance Tab, and we made setting so that the feedback is viewed only by HR personal. We received the info that all data will be transferred to the new module and we deleted the forms, but somehow we missed few colleagues.

Anyway, I’ve solved this by deleting the profile and creating new one.

Thanks.

Bojana

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @Bojana ,

Got it, thanks for clarifying. 
In any case, I am happy to raise this feedback with the Product Team. I understand why you chose to delete the employee profile, however this erases all data related to that employee. This is not ideal, as it could potentially have an effect on reporting.

Going forward, if you decide to use the Feedback area of our P&D module, any feedback that is formally submitted will be available to view and cannot be removed or edited. Any draft, however, is still editable and can therefore be deleted.

If you run into any issues, do get in touch!

Megan

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hey @mruscito :), yes, I was aware about the risk related to the reporting data, but it was the only available option in this case.

Thanks for clarifying again the Feedback area.

All the best.

Bojana

Your reply