Answered

Enabling performance and development cycles for managers

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi,

I want to use Personio to conduct a manager and self review for different employees in different teams. and came up with the below problems:

1. when I try to use performance cycles with attached review forms:

How can a manager create a performance cycle for his team members, at the same time ONLY seeing his team members’ review results on the cycle page? I have to let the manager role get edit access in the performance and development tab so that managers can create the performance cycles themselves but, in the meantime, it means managers can also see the review results across teams, which we don’t want to. How can I fix that?

1. so I am thinking maybe it will work this way: the manager creates a new performance meeting and attaches a review form that is created in personio, and in the meeting, the manager can fill the form with the employee and save it somewhere (which I am not sure if this can work). but then I can’t attach the form and I don’t know how to publish a form. can you please advise?

Thanks,

Kasey

icon

Best answer by Andrea 2 December 2022, 18:33

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Dear @Kasey Shen,

As you stated, the creation of performance cycles implies having edit rights for the whole performance cycles of your company. This is a setting in the access rights that cannot be configured differently. So if your managers are not supposed to see other teams’ performance cycles, this is not a suitable setting.

The option you describe on your point 2 could be an option. Nevertheless, the feedback forms are meant to be filled in before a performance meeting, for employees to discuss them during the meeting. This is why you can only select forms which have been already filled. There is no possibility to add an empty feedback form to performance meetings. An alternative solution for this, is to add feedback forms to Settings > People > Documents, and giving your employees view rights for the document category in which the forms are saved, so that they can download the forms when needed. Then managers can organize performance meetings and fill the forms during the meeting with their employee.

If you have any question about the alternative solution, please let me know!

If you think there would be a better way to solve this topic with, e.g., a better or new functionality, please don’t hesitate to post your suggestion for improvement in our ideation area!

I wish you a great start in to the week.

Best,

Andrea

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for your advice. can you please tell me how to let employees fill the form before the manager schedule a performance meeting? For example, the manager wants one of his employees to fill a self-review form, peer review, and an upward review in one week before the performance meeting.

Thanks,

Kasey

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi, Can you please advise on how to send an employee a self-review form plus a peer review form, and let employees fill the form before the manager schedule a performance meeting? 

Thanks,

Kasey

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Dear @Kasey Shen,

Employees need edit rights to be able to fill feedback forms in their employee profiles. Nevertheless, this would mean that they also can create and edit goals and feedback meetings within their profile. 

This is why, as mentioned, before, I would recommend saving your feedback forms as templates in Settings > People > Documents and giving your employees view rights for own for the document category in which you saved them:

Settings > People > Employee roles > Access rights > Documents

This way, your employees will be able to download the templates and fill them in their computer. Afterwards, they can share it with their supervisor when the Feedback meeting is taking place.

Let me know if there is any further question from your side!

Best,

Andrea

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi, you have mentioned that employee needs to fill out the form so that this form can be attached when the manager creates a performance meeting. How to do that?

Thanks,

kasey

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Kasey Shen,

One question that might be very helpful: Do you have the Performance and Development package?

Best,

Andrea

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi,

We have the enterprise package.

Regards,

Kasey

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Kasey Shen,

The Enterprise package does not necessarily include the Performance and Development module. Could you please confirm this module is activated in your account? This way, I can think about a potential solution for your inquiry 😊.

If the module is activated, you will have access to it through the following symbol:

Always happy to hear from you.

Kind regards,

Andrea

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi! 

Yes, I can access to the performance and development from here:

Regards,

Kasey

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Kasey Shen,

Thank you for your answer 

In this case, the solution I described before is the best option, since your employees need edit rights as described to fill the feedback form that would be used in the feedback meeting. 

Here I share again the alternative solution:

→ Employees require edit rights to be able to fill feedback forms in their employee profiles. Nevertheless, this would mean that they also can create and edit goals and feedback meetings within their profile. 

This is why, as mentioned, before, I would recommend saving your feedback forms as templates in Settings > People > Documents and giving your employees view rights for own for the document category in which you saved them:

Settings > People > Employee roles > Access rights > Documents

This way, your employees will be able to download the templates and fill them in their computer. Afterwards, they can share it with their supervisor when the Feedback meeting is taking place.

Why was it important to ask if you have the P&D package: The good news is that all the functionalities of the Performance tab will be migrated to the Performance and Development module and that the section will be continuously improved. The Feedback tab will be deprecated from 01.01.2023, this is why I asked if you already had the Performance and Development package. 

Let me know if I need to clarify anything else!

Best,

Andrea

Your reply