Answered

Hide fields in Performance templates for employee visibility

• 2 February 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi team

In our manager assessment forms we would like to include a question ‘Promotion yes or no’ but this should not be shared with employees once the evaluation is shared with them. Is there a way to hide this question?

Many thanks for your feedback or any idea on how to implement this. 

Best, Barbara

icon

Best answer by Marc 7 February 2022, 12:38

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @barbara.werthmueller,

Thank you for reaching out.

Unfortunately, it is currently not possible to give separate visibility rights to different questions in the assessment forms.

I know you are already familiar with our Ideation area, so I would again recommend sharing your suggestion here to give them more visibility!

A workaround for this could be to create an additional section in the employee's profile with attributes that reflect the question for each assessment circle. This section could then be disabled for the employee and only a manager will be able to edit it. More details you can find here: Creating Custom Sections and Attributes

Excited if other community members come up with other ideas/workarounds on that!

Best regards
Marc

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi Marc

Many thanks for your answer and I did put it under Ideation as well. 

Interesting approach with the additional section in the employee’s profile but it is not fully clear to me how you would structure it. My idea would have been to include in each employee’s assessment the question where the manager proposes the employee to be promoted or not. And  offer a field to comment on his/her decision. How would you include this in the employee profile?

Best and looking for other ideas as well

Barbara

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

there are several approaches how you can include this in the employee profile, this depends a bit on how your assessments work and how frequently they are. 

One approach would be to have an attribute with the type list of options for each assessment, with this you would also able to filter for the answer in the employee list.

What you also can do is to work with a text field that will be changed each assessment. The historical entries could be tracked through the detailed history of the employees.

Best wishes
Marc

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi Marc, not sure why you changed the status to solved. Is the workaround now your answer?

Best, Barbara

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Dear @barbara.werthmueller,

I am very sorry for getting back to you just now. If users don’t mark an answer as Best Answer, we take this over and decide ourselves which could be the answer most closely to solving the question (also workarounds). This way, if other users search for the same question, they have an answer directly and don’t have to look at the comments. If you don’t agree with this answer, please let us know which reply you would find suitable. As said, it is not always an answer, but can be a workaround or a comment saying we don’t have a specific functionality.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Greetings from Munich,

Andrea

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi Andrea

Many thanks for your update. I wasn’t aware of the ‘best answer’ requirement. I am not even sure how to do this as I can’t see such an option. 

I would still appreciate such an option to mark certain questions/fields as invisible to employees because it would make the process much easier and I know from other platforms where this is possible how much value it adds. 

Many thanks and best from Zug

Barbara

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @barbara.werthmueller 👋🏼,

No worries, it is not a requirement, but we always pick an answer just to make it easier for all users to find an answer to their questions as fast as possible 😊. For this question, you cannot see the option to pick a question as Best Answer, since one comment has already been picked. For “open” questions for which no Best Answer has been picked, you will see this option:

In case you haven’t done so, I would like to encourage you to publish the functionality to mark certain questions/fields as invisible to employees in our ideation area. Like this, the idea can be voted by others and will be shared with our product developers. 

Thank you very much for your contributions to the community! I really appreciate every post you have shared with us and hope to keep hearing from you 🤗.

I wish you a lovely afternoon 🌟.

Best,

Andrea

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi Andrea

Many thanks for your feedback. I believe I have already put it under ideation but am not sure anymore. Can you help me check in the ideation space? I cannot find it. 

Best, Barbara

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

I found your suggestion for improvement about this question in ideation 😀:

Thank you for thinking about it and for sharing it in the corresponding area. 

Let me know if you have any further question.

I wish you a lovely day ☀️.

Best,

Andrea

Your reply