Answered

How to create Team Goals and Company Goals?

• 20 June 2022
  • 5 replies

Hi! I’m Rachel, Head of People at Wonderbly. 

We recently implemented Personio and I’m excited to have a HRIS where we can store all our performance goals - we’ve been relying on Google Suite for way too long! 

My question is: how do we create Team Goals and Company Goals? I see that it’s possible to link a new Key Result within a goal to a Team Goal or a Company Goal, so I know it must be possible; I just can’t for the life of me work out how. 

I know how to configure individual goals through the Performance tab of each individual’s profile. It’s the overarching organisational goals that have me scratching my head. 

Any help gratefully appreciated! 

icon

Best answer by Marc 21 June 2022, 16:59

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @rachelgrahame,

congrats on your successful Personio implementation!

In the Performance section of an employee, you can define individual goals and track them there. 
You can find more details here: Performance Management

Defining team or company goals which are linked to several employees is not possible. You can share your suggestions here with the Community and our Product Team by creating an idea in the Ideation area. You can find a how-to guide here: 

Maybe some other user can share how they are currently tracking this kind of goals? Can you support here @ddarangowski or @Thibaut from Swile?

Have a wonderful day!
Marc

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

I know how to configure individual goals through the Performance tab of each individual’s profile. It’s the overarching organisational goals that have me scratching my head. 

Hi Rachel - great to hear you’re looking to get your performance goals process out of Gsuite!

I’m the Product Manager at Personio for goals and just wanted to add some extra details on top of Marc’s answer.

It’s true that ‘defining team or company goals which are linked to several employees is not possible’. I can see why it’s a bit confusing, as we do expose the option to select a ‘key result category’ when creating a key result.

However, right now like all goals and key results, this is only stored on an individual level. The main benefit of the key result category feature right now is to add a bit of extra clarity for employees about the responsibility level for a certain key result under a particular goal of theirs.

For example, some of our customers’ organisations have broader goals which are linked to individual bonus rewards (e.g. 30% of the employee’s bonus is based on the achievement of the company goal; 30% of the bonus is based on achievement of a department goal, and 40% is based on individual key results). 

I’d be curious to learn more about your specific use case for company/team goals, if you’re able to share those details with the community:)! Alternatively, feel free to send me a direct message.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @daniel.boon!

Thank you for sharing about the possibility to “add key results”.

Question is: WHERE exactly can I find this option? 
The screenshot below is what I see when creating a subgoal:

There is only those 4 options under “Category”. 👆

Thank you Daniel!

Wishing you a nice day ahead,

Trish

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hey @trishlee,

The screenshot I shared in my last post is from the legacy Goals experience (no longer available).

As part of the changes from the old to the new Goals product, we renamed ‘key result’ to ‘subgoal’.

See my latest post in our Performance & Development community group for more info 😊

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Thank you for the fast and helpful response @daniel.boon 😄

Your reply