Manage the discontinuation of the Performance tab

• 25 November 2022
  • 15 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Hi all,

Unfortunately Personio will discontinue with the Performance tab. This is quite a loss for the companies who used this (free) tab with features. Personio just says: we quit and you should fix the data yourself and if you want to make use of Performance features you need to pay for it.

Personio provides information about a data export to save the data from the Performance tab but with this export you get a million of documents and they are all .csv document with a lot of computer language. And there is no manual on how to sort this.

[This screenshot was removed, because it contained private data]

So this means it’s quite difficult to save the company data from the Performance tab. It feels like Personio leaves us hanging and don’t provide a proper solution. I more and more get the feeling the basic product will be more and more basic and you need to pay for all the ‘extra’ features (which should be standard in my opinion).

Any suggestions on how to manage this?

15 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Dear @marielle.van.wieringen,

Thank you for your post.

I understand your concern about the deprecation of the Performance tab and will make sure to share your feedback internally. 

In order to see how to best obtain the information from the Performance tab, you can participate on our next Personio Product Update. My colleague Lena will share tips and tricks about how to obtain his information the best way:

Let me know if you have any further questions.

I wish you a lovely weekend! 

Best,

Andrea

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Hi @Andrea,

Thanks for your response. It’s nice that there is a product update about this topic but (1) I don’t see the topic on the agenda of the meeting and (2) it is much more convenient if there was a step-by-step guideline to obtain the data from the Performance tab.

Kind regards, 
Marielle

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @marielle.van.wieringen,

1. The last point in the agenda of the PPU is this topic:
  1. We also created the following table that contains the paths within the company export, for the folders in which you can find the information saved in the performance tab:

The guidance step by step is to:

1. Create the company export 
  2. Go in to the above shown folders and download the necessary information
  3. To convert .csv files into Excel files, you can see a guidance from Microsoft here

I hope this helps you further with obtaining all the information you need. I am aware that the company export is a complex folder and data to work in, and I have communicated this feedback to our product expert. Nevertheless, this is the only technically possible way to obtain the information from the Performance tab. 

Let me know if I can support you any further. 

Best,

Andrea

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Hi Andrea,

On the Microsoft page you sent, I can’t find any information on how to convert a .csv file into an Excel file unforunately. :(

But I earlier used a different guideline for this. And then I opened this topic, you don’t get a readable or useable document when creating an Excel document. See picture below.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Thanks for your answer. The link is about different ways of converting text files or .csv in Excel files. For example, from the point “Import a text file by connecting to it (Power Query)”. You can follow step by step the instructions in order to convert the .csv. files of the company export into regular excel information:

1. Open a new Excel Document
  2. Click on Data > Get Data (Power Query) > Text/CSV and choose the document you would like to convert:

Then the data will be shown as an Excel format instead of a TEXT/CSV.

Let me know if this worked out for you.

Have a lovely weekend!

Best,

Andrea

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Thanks, I didn’t know I had to use the instructions of “Import a text file by connecting to it (Power Query)”. I managed to create an Excel file of it. But still, it is not useful at all because I can’t see the input of the feedback clearly. 

See image below.

[This screenshot was removed, because it contained private data]

In Personio this feedback looks quite clear as ‘quick feedback’.

So the question is: in which .csv can I find the texts of these feedbacks given to the employees?

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

The row “I” has the text of your feedback forms. In order to see the text in a clearer form, you can:

• Use the following function of Excel to see the text of the feedback: 
  • Copy and paste the row in a Word document 
  • If you saved the feedback forms in the document tabs of your employees, you will find them in the folder from the Company Export that contains employee documents. In case you did not save the documents in the document tab of your employees, you can ask your employees to do so, by exporting the feedback forms from their profile to the document tab themselves:

Afterwards, you can create a Company export once again and find the feedback forms in the file.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can support you with!

Best,

Andrea

P.S. I had to remove your last two screenshots, since they contained private data like employee and company id.

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Hi Andrea,

Now I read about your suggestion to export the feedback from the Performance tab to the Documents tab. That seems a lot easier that copy pasting into word.

So I have tried to export feedback and I got a pop-up that it’s done, but I can’t find the feedback in the Documents tab of this employee. Where should I find it?

Kind regards, Marielle

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

And in addition: the copy pasting of the relevant texts from the .csv file to a Word document like you suggested is actually a lot of effort. There are a lot of html tags in between the sentences and paragraphs. So this is really an inconvenient solution unfortunately :(

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

I am happy to support from Personio side while my colleague Andrea is on her well deserved vacation. :) 

As soon as you have exported the feedback into the document area of the employee, you should be able to find it in the Document Category “Performance”. Could you please check? 
The date sometimes helps me to orientate to find the right document.

Regarding the copying and pasting, yes, unfortunately that is a lot of effort. It is more to see, how the whole text from column “I” is looking like. If you want to process it at once, it might make sense to remove the code with Excel formulas. (I am happy to check internally, if there is any possibility that we can provide some information on how to do this in Excel, but I can not promise anything.) 

I will get back to you after the holidays. Then I hopefully know more. :) 

Best,
Lena

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Hi @Lena,

The documents didn’t arrive in the Performance tab yesterday. But I just checked again and now they are there. It took some time I guess.

But when I open them, they are quite useless. They are both almost empty.

Please help me out! It’s already taking quite some time to arrange this. 

Kind regards, Marielle

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi @marielle.van.wieringen,
I just saw your last comment from two weeks ago - I am sorry we missed it! 😭

Do you still need help with this or did you find a solution? @Lena is currently unavailable but if you need assistance I will get some help for you :)

Best,
Daniele

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Hi @marielle.van.wieringen,
I just saw your last comment from two weeks ago - I am sorry we missed it! 😭

Do you still need help with this or did you find a solution? @Lena is currently unavailable but if you need assistance I will get some help for you :)

Best,
Daniele

Hi Daniele,

Still need help. Since the feedback is empty if I export in to the Documents tab.

Kind regards, Marielle

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

I am sorry, this is taking longer than expected. Over the holidays, some things are taking a bit longer. 

I am glad that the documents have now arrived and that it just loaded a bit longer. :) 
Regarding the Collumn “I”, I have checked internally and they will take a look at the beginning of this year, but I do not have anything more and don’t want to set the hopes to high. 

Regarding the “Quick Feedback”, this is something new, right? I don’t fully understand the situation, could you please give me some more details on what you expect and what is missing? :) 

• What kind of feedback was this? (Feedback form, from a feedback cycle, continuous feedback)
  • What do you mean by “They are both almost empty”? - Is the company export file empty or the exported document, or was the information in the performance tab almost empty? 

Looking forward to more details. 
Best
Lena

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Hi @Lena,

Thanks for your reply. It seems that the Performance tab is gone now, right? So I can’t export the employee feedback from this tab anymore to the the Documents tab of the employee. :(

So without a proper solution to store the data of the performance tab, the informatie is now gone.

Quite disappointing.

Kind regards, Marielle

Your reply