Answered

Performance Reviews & Meeting Scheduling

• 30 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hello!

I am currently looking at how a manager might be able to request an employee to complete a self-reflection style feedback prior to a 1:1 meeting. Clicking on > Schedule meeting it gives the option to attach Feedback.

My hope is that the manager would always send the written feedback after the discussion/1:1. However, we would like employees to complete a self review prior to the 1:1 to help open up the discussion and create more collaboration.  I don’t see an option to assign a feedback request. I loved the below example from the Personio guides: 

Side note: Don’t think it’s possible to add emojis, images or even descriptions to give employees examples of how they might answer questions on the form, all of which would be useful. However, back to the point:

I don’t see a way of requesting a self-review/feedback without setting up a cycle. Added to that issue is, if your were to request it via a > cycle  - you cannot attach cycle feedback to the meeting schedule request. Is there anyway to attach a feedback form as a to-do?

icon

Best answer by mruscito 31 January 2023, 12:17

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @Stephen !

Performance is a hot topic at the moment 🚒

Your understanding of the schedule meeting is correct: currently, the Schedule meeting feature has no option to request feedback or a review. You can attach an already submitted review to the meeting, but there is currently no way to automate a workflow for scheduling a meeting & request feedback > have the meeting > request more feedback, all in one area.

As you said, you would need to create a review cycle for the employee to be sent an email reminder and have the task set up in their Performance tab. But, for now you will not be able to attach the reviews from a cycle - that is a new feature on the way! ⬇

🚨However, please note that the Performance tab in the employee’s profile is slowly being deprecated.🚨 The features usually found in this area will be integrated into the new P&D module over the coming months. It is therefore possible that the Performance tab isn’t going to function properly.

As for your side question, it is possible to include images & emojis in the response, as long as you configure the feedback question with an Open Text answer. They can copy an image into the answer area, and they can right-click their mouse and choose Emojis & Symbols to enhance their answer. 

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Badge

Hi @mruscito ,

Thank you for the reply. Very helpful.

I was more talking about when building the form. To give you an example - in one of the forms we ask the employee manager to rate their Performance. We want this to be done based on a Performance and Values rating definition we created. It would be great if we could include an image of this within the form question.

Warm regards,

Stephen

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @Stephen  👋

I’m Ana, the Product Manager of the Feedback product!

We will be looking at evolving the Performance Meeting functionality in Q2, already in the new Performance & Development area. If you would like to, it will be great to catch up and understand your current needs. Here is my calendar link in case you would like to set up a call!

Kind Regards,
Ana

Your reply