Answered

Supervisors: gathering feedback (not visible for employees)

• 31 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi,

We would like to have the option for Supervisors to gather feedback for a feedback session with an employee. It would be important that the gathered feedback is NOT visible for the employee. The idea is for the Supervisor to summarize the feedback and discuss it with the employee. But as it is often peers who give the feedback, they don’t want their name to be visible nor the feedback as it was written.

Is this currently possible in Personio?

Edda/Finland

icon

Best answer by International Support Team 31 May 2023, 16:24

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5

Hi @Edda van der Ende 

It is possible for employee to provide feedback without it being visible to the employee in question but only the Supervisor through using our Performance cycle functionality. This can be done by selecting a Peer review and then asking those employees to not check the relevant box to share it with the relevant employee the feedback is for. I will run through the process below:

To select the employees for the Peer reviewonce created open up the Performance cycle and click on the three dots located to the right and select Request peer feedback:

The Assign colleagues to write peer reviews dialog will display. To assign Peer reviews to the relevant peers, select the checkbox beside the names of the peers. Click on the Send requests to employees button.

I am afraid however it is not possible to completely limit reviews to only the employees supervisor for Peer reviewsthis can be selected from the point of submitting the feedback by the reviewer, they can check the box if they would also like to send it to the specified employee. When the employee clicks on 'Send review'. the 'Send this peer review?' dialog will display stating that the review will be sent to the peer's supervisor and to share the review with the peer they can select the Also share with '[name of the relevant peer will be displayed]' checkbox as seen below:

?name=Screenshot+2022-11-22+at+13.19.53.png

You will need to specify to the necessary employees to not check this box if you would not like it sent to the employee as well!

I have attached the requested articles below on our performance cycle functionality:
👉 Performance Review Cycles in Personio
👉 How to Manage a Performance Review Cycle

Additionally, if you would like further limitations added to this functionality then I would like to encourage you to post this suggestion of improvement in our ideation area where our product team are able to review ideas for new functionality. They can then potentially include them in future updates to the softwares functionality. 

In order for us to fully understand your idea, I have included a couple of questions that your description should clarify when posting in the ideation area: 

• What would you like to achieve with Personio?  What issue do you need to solve?
  • Why? What would be the added value for you? 
  • How are you solving it right now? 

The more details, the better! However, remember not to share any personal or business data with the public.

Make sure to add the link to the idea in this thread, so that other users that find your question can upvote it showing the demand for this functionality! 

Thank you in advance for sharing your ideas with us and I hope you have a lovely day 🙌🏽

All the best, 

Erica

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi,

Thank you for a clarifying answer. Does this mean that HR would always have to open a Performance cycle? We don’t have specific times when performance discussions are held - every Supervisor-Employee pair can have the discussions when they want. 

If I have understood correctly, Supervisors cannot start their cycles by themselves?

We would need a function where Supervisors can collect feedback when they want from whom they want (peers, other Supervisors, etc.).

Edda

Userlevel 5

Hi @Edda van der Ende 

No problem at all! If you wish to have it selected for multiple employees at once we recommend using a Performance cycle but if instead you would like for managers to request this about their direct reports ad-hoc then you can use the Continuous feedback functionality.

This can be selected by using this option:

Then you can select who the feedback is for and who should provide this feedback:

You can also add a small description on the topic you would like the feedback to be in relation to. Please note with this option it is not currently possible to use the Form templates whereas with the cycle the specific template can be selected. 

Additionally this option is the same in the fact that t is not possible to completely limit reviews to only the employees supervisorthis can be selected from the point of submitting the feedback by the reviewer, they can check the box if they would also like to send it to the specified employee as seen below:

Please see this article for some extra information:

👉🏼 Continuous feedback

I hope this helps and that you have a lovely rest of your week!

All the best, 

Erica

Your reply