Answered

The Upward Review does not appear for my employees in the cycle or feedback tab

• 15 March 2023
  • 7 replies

Hi all!

I’ve launched an annual interview cycle with an upward feedback to fill up (I made up the form in the settings and saved it first) but it does not appear for my employees. They do see their forms and also the peer one but not the Upward one. I have no idea what’s the problem here...

Any advice?

Thanks a lot!!!

icon

Best answer by ConorCunningham 15 March 2023, 15:56

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Dear @Bea22 , 

Welcome to the Personio Community, we are thrilled to see you here 🎊 🥳. I am happy to support you with your inquiry.

I had a similar issue with another customer and it could be related. They had set up a Performance Cycle and selected the Upward review for the direct report instead of the Supervisor. If you want to select the Upward review option, you may need to set up a new cycle with the Supervisor selected as the employee. This is outlined in this part of our helpcenter article on Upward reviews.

In my example below, David Evans is a supervisor of 4 employees. Therefore these 4 direct reports will be notified to complete an upward review. However, if you have the direct report selected as the employee (where I have highlighted) and they have no reports, this will not work.

I hope this explanation is related to your problem, however if not come back to me with more details and I will gladly help 😁

Best,

Conor

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi!

I also have this question. 

I have started a full cycle for all the employees. At this moment I started a cycle with all our employees (32 people, including employees and managers). The employees have to fill in the self review and the upward review and are receiving a manager review. 

The employees can see the manager review and self review in their ‘feedback’ and the managers can see the ‘self review’ and manager review from the employee. Only, the upward review (which the employee gives to the manager) can't be seen by the manager. But the employee does see the upward review which he/she has given to the manager. 

I don't understand your explanation above. Why can't the teammanagers see feedback (upward reviews) from their employees in their own feedback section? Why aren't the upward reviews send to the feedback section of the teammanagers? And if this doesn't work, why is there an option to launch a cycle in which you can ask a self review, review from the managers and an upward review? 

Do you always have to launch multiple cycles in which you split the ‘employees’ from the  ‘managers'. And how does it work when the manager is also an employee and deserves its feedback from their own manager?

I don't understand the next sentence: 

“However, if you have the direct report selected as the employee (where I have highlighted) and they have no reports, this will not work.”

You could explain to me why my managers don't receive the upward reviews?

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Wendy,

I just wanted to make sure this is not the same question you asked in the following thread:

Then I can tell @Annlisa Conor will respond to it on this thread :).

Looking forward to your confirmation! 

Best,

Andrea

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @Andrea,

Thank you for coming back to me! I did a thorough search in all the different posts and solutions. I've jumped from post to post looking for the correct answer. 

The question on this post is partly answered at the post you are referring to, but I still would like to know if there is another workaround in getting the answers on the upward reviews at the ‘feedback section’ of the supervisors. 

The question that I have asked there, is a different question, but the questions are complementary. 

Kind regard,

Wendy

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hey @Wendy 

I have just read through the thread once again and can see you still have open questions about the Upward review function. As you can see in my example below, I have set up an Upward review as part of a Performance Cycle and I logged in as the direct report and when I click on Submit review, you can see from the message that the review will not be sent to the Supervisor but instead to the Supervisor’s supervisor. 

The Upward review will be in the Feedback tab of the Supervisor’s supervisor when they click on their direct report. You can see this from my example below:

At the moment, this is the intended behaviour, however I understand that a lot of customers would like for the option to allow the review to be sent directly to the Supervisor. You can upvote and comment on this previously posted idea to give further visibility to the Product Team.

If there is anything else you need clearing up, please let me know. 

Have a wonderful day ☘️

Best,

Conor

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @ConorCunningham,

Thank you for coming back to me! Now I understand everything clearly and will be export the reviews from the supervisors supervisor directly to the document section of the supervisor.

I've upvoted the posted Idea, thank your for mentioning this! @Bea22, perhaps you would like to upvote this idea too?

Kind regards,

Wendy

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi all , 

Landed here while looking for a solution.(not sure if this needs to be put in here as a separate question ) 

We have started the 360 review and I have been notified that one of the employees has not received the upward review request at all. He does have a direct supervisor and everybody else in the review seems to have recieved their requests . I have gone through all the solutions above and realise mine is slightly different in that the person has not recieved an upward review request at all . Is it possible to fix this within the cycle ? Or should a new cycle be created ?

Your reply